ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the V6 255 *that* much better than 172

no silence, just something to do at work !!! I wasnt paying attention, I apologise for not answering straight away Steve!!

nothing to tell, sorry !!

Wonder if theyve got a V6 255 at London West, might have to pay them a visit this weekend. I know when I went in about a 172 they said about test driving the V6 that you had to put a deposit of £1000 down to prove you are interested!! If I was I would be buying with F&F discount so wouldnt be from there.

Glad it comes with speed limiter, id need that if i had one.

I dont think many dealerships will actually have one themselves, I think the test drives are done on a sort of "central booking" service - that is how we get a lot of the cars for demo at work.

:(

So I guess I wont be able to see a line of V6s in every available colour - heh

Are the V6s riddled with the same problems the 172s and other clios have?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Well you pay your money, if it was me and i got "172 faults" i wouldnt be happy at all.

True, so far it looks like my 172 has had its faults and fixed so im not of getting another new clio and having the faults again.

Depends what colour your after! Theyre being made in colour batches so if you order a colour thats being produced at a particular time, then youll take delivery reasonabley quickly, but if like my good self you want a black one, then youll have to wait for them to go into production!

The current production run is in Blue, I think silver will be next then red then black and then the fancy cost option paints!

The cost option painted cars are all totally colour co-ordinated (no silver side air intakes).

Hmm, since I wont want one until March 04 then I might be ok.

Steve, how much actual room is there in the V6 for luggage etc? Ive seen the Top Gear vid with a baby under the bonnet and a kipper in the boot, can you actually put anything in the back? behind the seats ? Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 20 October 2003

Hmm, since I wont want one until March 04 then I might be ok.

Steve, how much actual room is there in the V6 for luggage etc? Ive seen the Top Gear vid with a baby under the bonnet and a kipper in the boot, can you actually put anything in the back? behind the seats ? Thanks
Dont buy one if you need it for space.........you can just about get a bottle of coke led down in the little space behind the seats,and as for under the bonnet and the boot,the bonnet space is big enough for a weekend bag and the boot you might get a pair of shoes in there if your lucky.

Mines only a weekend toy so it doesnt bother me about space.

Seany

I say they are definitely worth it. Theyre great cars, Evo magazine love them, when they tested the Mitzi evo, TVR T350C, Vauxhall VX220 Turbo and the Clio V6, although not the fastest in a straight line or round the track, they all got 5 stars out of 5 but the clio was deemed to be the best in terms of fun, usability etc. Great cars!

Theyre not produced in colour batches, its whatever the customer has ordered. The current delivery time is December. The leather and other colour options are still being tested. Some Dealers have ordered demonstrators for themselves to run. There will be a central pool to which Dealers will have access from end of November.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 20 October 2003

Ill be going for a spin in a blue mk2 V6 255 tonight actually... ;)
Muhahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!! :devilish:

Theyre even better in the flesh....

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 20 October 2003

The current delivery time is December. The leather and other colour options are still being tested. Some Dealers have ordered demonstrators for themselves to run. There will be a central pool to which Dealers will have access from end of November.
And some people already have them! ;)

Sounds great, Im just concerned about boring matters like bonnet space.

Anyone know anything about the tracker system fitted, is there a monthly rental etc? Can you locate via internet ?

Ok Steve, since Im now coming to Donny Ill look you up, cant be that many V6s about. Otherwise look me up, Ill have the reg * 70NY *

tbh I think they sit in their own niche.

They have this exclusivity about them that makes them both fun, but at the same time they make a significant statement about serious business when it comes to performance.

They are a car that someone who is a car enthusiast would buy.

not THE quickest car, or THE best handling car, or THE cheapest car for what they do, however they just seem to have this X-factor.

i love them.

Martin - I think that sums them up pretty well, except that you havent emphasised quite enough just how drop dead gorgeous they are - so Ill repeat that a couple of times! they are absolutely drop dead gorgeous!! :D

theyre alright if you like that kinda thing. 3litre usually means Supra to me mmmm nice. And the added advantage that its not a Renault.

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 21 October 2003

theyre alright if you like that kinda thing. 3litre usually means Supra to me mmmm nice. And the added advantage that its not a Renault.
and the added advantage that you can unbutton your shirt half way, expose your chest wig and wear a big f**k-off gold medaleon!

Swiss Tony styleee;)

I love Supras - but that doesnt mean that I dont love the V6 too !! have seriously considered buying a Supra, the main reason I dont is that I need a newish car cos of the miles I do a year

dunno why you drive a Cup if you think Renault are so bad !!! :eek:

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 21 October 2003

I love Supras - but that doesnt mean that I dont love the V6 too !! have seriously considered buying a Supra, the main reason I dont is that I need a newish car cos of the miles I do a year

dunno why you drive a Cup if you think Renault are so bad !!! :eek:
Oh come on we all know that theyre not the best manufacturer. Im on my second Ren and I got the Cup cuz it had performance at a price. If i wanted a 3 litre car id get one with real power. It all comes down to personal choice and mine would be the Supra. Im sure the V6 is wicked to drive and a real head turner but its not for me.

Id have a Focus RS before a V6, and ive been around Rens for more years than i care to mention. For me a Renault V6 is an Alpine mmmmm

Complete set of Pagid pads £275 and I will fit them.

12k service £150

24k service no price at the moment, will have to have one in about 4 - 5 weeks.

Fuel consumption over 22k just under 30 m.p.g.

All the best

John V6

Quote: Originally posted by John V6 on 23 October 2003

Complete set of Pagid pads £275 and I will fit them.

12k service £150

24k service no price at the moment, will have to have one in about 4 - 5 weeks.

Fuel consumption over 22k just under 30 m.p.g.

All the best

John V6
Cheers for that, doesnt sound too bad :)