ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is therw 2 types of engine loom for 172 182 help asap!

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
I have a 54 reg 172 and brought a engine loom from a 51 reg 172 the 51reg loom has 2 white block plugs in the fuse box area that looks like it splits the engine loom from interior loom but my loom on the 04 clio only has 1... can someone tell me.if i can still use the loom? Prob dumb question but falt id ask befor changing over someone did tell me there are 2 types of loom on the erlier and later clios?

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Any idea if the phase2 have diff looms on erlier and later? As the loom i brought of a ph2 51 reg has 2 white block plugs in fuse box area and my 04 clio only has 1?

CS Dungeon
The CUP looms are different as they take the speedo from the gearbox drive, however the normal 172 & 182's have the speedo plug on the part of the loom that leads to the lambda sensors!

When you say 2 white plugs near the fuses & relays, do you actually mean a white plug and a greu plug? On the loom I am talking about!

But your car just has the big white blocks which connect in the fuse box and no grey plug for the remaining loom plug?! Does the grey plug have 4 small wires in it.... grey/purple from what i remember?!

CS Dungeon
Does your CUP have the grey plug Ben?! (Arrowed Black)

Or just the white ones?! (Arrowed navy)

DSC02240_zpsd1bf7374.jpg

CS Dungeon
The reason for my interest in this is the fact I am in the opposite predicament to the OP!

See here......... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...uel-pump-or-coil-pack&p=10378601#post10378601

My 172 is 02 plate and has the white block and grey plug with grey, green and purple wires as per the picture above!

I bought a 182 05 wiring loom from eBay which only has the white block and no grey plug! My replacment ebay loom which arrived yesterday also does not have the speedo plug near the lanbda sensors plugs!

I am sure the seller has sent me a 182 CUP loom but he is sure it came from a standard 182!