ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It is ok to smile you know!

FF Blackgold 182
Seen several Clio Sport variants about recently with some really miserable people driving them too! Haven't got so much as an acknowledgement off of most. One keen driver of a Black Sport in Bridgwater was flashing and stuff. More of the same please! I'm satrting to get a complex!

172 Cup
I always look for reactions from other fellow RS owners, not often I get any response tho. It makes me think some people just don't understand what they're driving.

R.I.P 182
lol.. same with me and my car, i go to flash but theyre old or are standard and dont seem worth it as theyll think im a faggot

id love to see a fella CSer goin mental, like tootin horn, flashin lights, and hangin out the window waving their arms shouting something like 'come on my son' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you the one who i flashed at the otherday? Isee a black 182 parked up at the big factory just before wylds rd... I do usually try and flash back, but sometimes im completly in my own world.

Clio 1.8 16v
I'm tired of flashing my lights at other clio drivers (fellow valver drivers in particular) which I think is really sad, they're a pretty rare car, I see more EVO's than i do Valvers.

Wake up everybody, just say hello!

LY 200
Lol..The younguns (like myself ;) ) tend to be ok its just the oldies!!!

There was one keen Trophy driver on the m25 a few weeks ago who choped through a few lanes of traffic just to give the nod and i also see a racing one on there up at the tolls too, think they were my last two spots but must agree in and around town its not been the same!!!

Leon Cupra R 225
Lol at this thread.. only mental CSer Ive seen has been a bird just shouting away in her 182 behind me at the lights... they we're red. I can't understand women sometimes :S

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
yeah, whats happened since the old mini days.

God even motorbikers give each other a nod

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i do, get a few back as well, although there are alot of miserable sods about, theres a woman with a ff172 round where i live and she only uses it for the school run, so i dont bother with her. always flash everyone else tho.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Same here. But there's two I pass every day with no hint of acknowledgement - only puzzled looks. So I've given up on them. Anyone else I see, get's a flash (oo-er) and a wave! ;)

D.

MK1 Clio 16v
I always flash and toot at other Valver drivers, don't normally flash 172s/182s unless i spot a ClioSport sticker. Love seeing valvers around especially black ones as they're quite rare around here!

tommyboy said:
Ive seen has been a bird just shouting away in her 182 behind me at the lights... they we're red.
Filter?

There's a set of traffic lights near me, with three lights; left, right and centre ahead. Only the left one has a filter and people don't tend to see it, so when you beep at them to go, they just look at the right one and the one ahead and wonder why I'm beeping at them to go.

Vee dub
If it's a valver or williams I always acknowledge.. and almost always get acknowledgement back :approve:

FF Blackgold 182
Danlp6 said:
Are you the one who i flashed at the otherday? Isee a black 182 parked up at the big factory just before wylds rd... I do usually try and flash back, but sometimes im completly in my own world.

I used to work at a factory in Cannington but I've left there now. The one I saw in Bridgy was on Bristol Rd, so I don't know m8. Fair play anyway. My CS sticker is on the way so anyway, thought it was me that's all!:S

I find Mark 2ers are the rudest always give a wave and get blanked back! However a couple of marks ones have given the nod etc back!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I was driving into Epsom the other day (Via Ashtead Village) and just as I got out the other side of the village, right on the bend, there were 3 sliver clios, one behind the other. As I saw them the front one flashed me, so I flashed back. As I came level I saw he had a 1.2, the guy behind had a 172 and gave me a really eeeevil glare, the last clio was a 1.4 and that guy gave me a nice wave, so I waved back. Most of the Clios drivers I have acknowledged have given me some pretty strange looks. Have I got two heads or something?? lol

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Where i live theres loads of RS clio's and they never wave or flash back. When i used to go out in my girlfriends old mini everyone other mini driver waved.

172 cup
i used to do it when i had my golf but you could tell if someone was passinate about there cars because they were in good condition and its rare to see them.

it seems to be an old car (rare car) thing and the clio is neither so it is ownd by people who dont care

Low 'n' Slow
when i used to own my classic mini, all other mini driver would at least flash their lights....

S-Max
I was coming South down the A1 this evening and was behind a 172ff. I flashed, beeped etc and nothing, he pulled over to let me past and I stayed by the side of him for 10 seconds and nothing.

Probably explains why people stop waving, smiling, etc as you get the hump with miserable ass's like this!