ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB cup

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Gave the old hack a clean today as we celebrate our 5 year anniversary very soon!!! So I took it out for some pics.
Apart from the bodies it has a decat sportlines on OE shocks and AST topmounts.
I fancy a better air filter for the bodies anyone know a decent place.

Marc.

clio006.jpg

clio045.jpg

clio019.jpg

clio002.jpg

clio022.jpg

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Only thing better than a standard Cup, is a standard Cup packing a secret!;)

Love it mate!! God there's some mighty fine examples of Cups on here at min...

53 Clio's & counting
Ktec filter of death?

Yup, (ITB filter) is crap - lost me 17bhp and broke up and started getting sucked into the trumpets - happened on a few others, Sharkey's trophy for one.

Stunning car just loose the filter mate

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Thanks for all the kind comments much appreciated. :approve:
I fancy loosing the filter Im not a fan I take it off very regular after reading others stories and it seems ok for the mo. Whats the best avenue to head down Do ya reckon russ Im bout 40 mins from merlin or better of talking to one of the TDF etc

53 Clio's & counting
Thanks for all the kind comments much appreciated. :approve:
I fancy loosing the filter Im not a fan I take it off very regular after reading others stories and it seems ok for the mo. Whats the best avenue to head down Do ya reckon russ Im bout 40 mins from merlin or better of talking to one of the TDF etc

id ring matt at tdf mate, he will recommend a filter to suit what you need-iv not looked back at the pics do you have a short rad? as that will make a difference to which one you can buy - matt can get you most mind :)

my suggestion is a pipercross filter with a solid back plate - itbs take their air not directly from the front of the trumpet but from the edges (ie top,bottom,left,right) so the iszue with that filter is it doesnt give enough space around the edges of the trumpets - a solid back plate lets the filter perminantly fixed in position which gives More air more room and also you get a better air temp reading as you get to mount it in a better place.

edit-scrappy explanation as im on my phone not laptop lol

Evo 5 RS
Very tidy that! Like it a lot

As said lose the filter and opt for a back plate and dome solution if possible..
Don't opt for universal socks either they strangle mid range torque massively and make the car flat as a pancake!