ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's a Cliosport race! 172 Cup v loadsa MK1's

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It was f***ing hard work keeping up with these guys...the only place I had anything was down both straights (I lost that advantage though if I screwed up Graham Hill bend) and on the brakes into Paddock.

I got about 5 laps of them all flying round - I bet you all wish you could've overtaken without consent eh?

Who was in the yellow/black one? When I got past it looks great on the extra mirror I'd set up showing you pressed right up against my a*** :D

Enjoy...

man, first time round i'd of taken out that cone on surtees, what a b*****d place for them to put it!

track days are getting too nanny'd now.

No decent lines, slow sessions and everybody is so smooth!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Awesome video! Was such good fun, as Northy mentioned, for alot of the day we recreated '93 again :D

track days are for fun, racing is for winning.

I like having fun by not being smooth ;)

i never see vids of anybody really on the serious limit trail braking, arse out, mid corner adjustment. I want to see crazyness!!! lol

megane coupe F7R
BenR said:

i never see vids of anybody really on the serious limit trail braking, arse out, mid corner adjustment. I want to see crazyness!!! lol

You not seen any of Martins vids then? lol

Arse out everywhere and he rolled his last car on track ;)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Nice vid fella no idea where I was during this little battle I must have been cooling down in the pits:(

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
BenR said:
track days are getting too nanny'd now.

Unfortunately some circuits can be a bit strict these days but just cos its not filmed doesnt mean it doesnt happen ;-)

Anyway answer my PM you crazy fool!

172cup
pardon my ignorance mark... but what have you had done? Is it standard?

everyone seems to drive a bit girly considering you're all on the track lol

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
d.brown said:
EDIT: just read that you needed consent to overtake; thats just b****cks

Not really.... otherwise some plank will cause an accident by out braking someone....

d.brown said:
pardon my ignorance mark... but what have you had done? Is it standard?

everyone seems to drive a bit girly considering you're all on the track lol

It may look slow but they really are shifting in the vid....

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
R-sport ECU
ITG panel filter
Loving caress from Rentech Mike's big hands every 6k from new
Brembo HC discs
Goodridge lines
Castrol SRF fluid
Pagid blue pads
67k hard driven miles
Removed acoustic valve
K-tec stealh exhaust
Pretty Yozzasport decat
15" Yoko A032

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
d.brown said:
its wayyy too smooth lol. The white MK1 near the end looks to be trying tho

I'm waiting on vids from behind mine....it moves around a bit lol So should be some decent footage...

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
d.brown said:
The white MK1 near the end looks to be trying tho
##

In all honesty, i was marginally quicker that both cars ahead of me being northy and the williams but I was stuck to Northys bumper (red mk1 cup) for the fun of it as I was trying to push him as hard as I could lol! We had loads of other races in the afteroon which were also a bit on the wild side.

Apart from Marks cup, yoz & the mk2 cup racer, the Mk2 172/182 cars looked rather slow in comparison!

172cup
except for the 172 cups obviously... fastest cars about lol

A whole load of it must come down to peoples driving skills. I know of plenty people with fast as fok cars, but just can't seem to drive them properly (ie getting the right power out of it, keeping it in the band, being too scared to turn in fast, racing lines etc)

Have you tried the ring?

BenR said: