ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its official the 197 is slower than the 182

R35 GTR
Roy Munson said:
This message is hidden because blaze is on your ignore list.

Bliss :sleepy:

you have made my f**king day! I have just found out how to do it too.

*kisses*:approve:

Deb182 said:
Blaze, how can you say anyone who doesn't like the 197 as much 'has no idea?' No one's disputing that it is not the better car, but it simply doesn't feel as fun or crazy to drive as the 182! That is just peoples opinions who have driven both! I don't think anyone is saying they dont like it just because it's the new model or cant afford it, if that was the case I'd just admit it, you dont hear people saying they don't like the v6 just because it's the better model from theirs and may not be able to afford it!

No point trying to reason. He is a F A N N Y. A troll who knowingly spends his spare time actively seeking to cause hassle on internet forums rather than making it a healthy extension of their normal life.

The ignore feature rocks :cool:

Revels Mum & Sister
blaze said:
Munson, Sorry to blow up the sad little boys. I have had a brand new MK1 172. a mk2 172 and now drive a 182 with both packs. These were all done as company cars because I like them. Take it as you like. No issues. All brand new, and love them. I'm nbot waitimg for a 107 topic. I'd love to have my car
to be better. Trouble is, it's not.

You see the trouble is you boys assume. Do you know what that means??? "it makes an ass out of you 'n me"

Munson, go get you're neck in, I did not even comment on you're inability to rationilse. I don't need to or feel the need to be as pathetically abusive as you.

My rationalle was not even aimed at you, yet you have to be the most abusive/ignorant person I've heard or potentialy met. Comments of experience?????? DUH??

Don't forget sticks and stones. Feel the necessity then fine, Whu be so childish????

Thats true actually you prefer to do so via PM and then get PWNED when someone posts it ;)

M2 Competition
He was apparently a police officer for many years, and yet the most abusive person he's ever met is someone that has ignored him on a clio forum? Lmao.

Im prime minister.

*cough cough owned cough*

MarkCup said:
Not only is it slower in a straight line, there's bugger all difference round a track, and that's fact.

a fact indeed... my ph1 172 and the new 197, both driven by myself round Brands... and there was bugger all in it!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Glad.....i just bought myself a 182 FF Black/Gold with some cup goodies!!:approve:

A red missile
197? tried it, didn't like it, wont be buying one, probably go for a meggy 225 next, unless i lose the plot and decide to keep the red beasty for a long time. I can still hear a vee calling my name as well ;)

Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS
Slower buy .5 second.... hmmmm... depends on how you launch the babe (and it means nuttin' when you're parked on the M1 orbital!)

Not sure what the smoke is all about... the 197 is light years ahead of the 182 in every aspect - safety especially - it's amazing how many of us will risk our lives in a car that does not have the latest cell and safety protection, and complain about the additional weight required to add these life saving features - give me my life rather than .5 seconds...

I'll have the 197 with all its new goodies any day (the 182 is dead - you'll just have to accept that Dudes)

For me the 172, 182 was a bit brittle and boy racer-ish... with a side profile that only a mother could love...

Cant wait for me 197

R35 GTR
RSCLIO197 said:
Slower buy .5 second.... hmmmm... depends on how you launch the babe (and it means nuttin' when you're parked on the M1 orbital!)

Not sure what the smoke is all about... the 197 is light years ahead of the 182 in every aspect - safety especially - it's amazing how many of us will risk our lives in a car that does not have the latest cell and safety protection, and complain about the additional weight required to add these life saving features - give me my life rather than .5 seconds...

I'll have the 197 with all its new goodies any day (the 182 is dead - you'll just have to accept that Dudes)

For me the 172, 182 was a bit brittle and boy racer-ish... with a side profile that only a mother could love...

Cant wait for me 197

Have you ever owned a 172/182? plus you seem a bit biased.

RSCLIO197 said:

Cant wait for me 197

:sleepy: did read all of it and pmsl................if u want safety buy a volvo ;)

Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS
Dave3141 said:
Have you ever owned a 172/182? plus you seem a bit biased.

My mate had a 182 and gave it to me for a month when he went overseas...

Mind you, I love it (except its side profile), but the advances with the 197 sadly pales the 182 to the back lot...

If PORSCHE was to build a hot hatch it would be a 197 (quote from Evo Mag)

Biased? - a bit cruel - arn't we all in some way or another when we debate the differences?

Six speed box
Fantastic zorst system
Cool diffusers
Huge brembo brakes
Double axis front strut system
Fantastic wheels and bespoke tyres
Safety in the five star category
F1 Elf breathed on motor

I suppose that makes me a bit biased against the olde iron...

Cheers,

Phil.

Last edited:
if you want safe and fast put a cage and 350bhp in the original and best clio. and it handles leda coilovers huge brakes large tyres and cost ten grand less than a 197

Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS
MAXIBOY said:
if you want safe and fast put a cage and 350bhp in the original and best clio. and it handles leda coilovers huge brakes large tyres and cost ten grand less than a 197

I luv the concept... you could even charge people a cupla quid just to see it!
:clown:

RSCLIO197 said:
I luv the concept... you could even charge people a cupla quid just to see it!
:clown:

you funny too . what most ppl want in a hot hatch......is it to be hot , most of the newer breeds seem to be safety orientated and gadgets ??? ppl want speed ;) imo

VaVa
RSCLIO197 said:

Mind you, I love it (except its side profile), but the advances with the 197 sadly pales the 182 to the back lot...

Biased? - a bit cruel - arn't we all in some way or another when we debate the differences?

Six speed box
Fantastic zorst system
Cool diffusers
Huge brembo brakes
F1 Elf breathed on motor

Cheers,

Phil.

Bespoke tyres.... Are Renault still spouting that drivel? I guess they must be, and I guess some people are still buying it...

Remember when the 182 had bespoke tyres? LMFAO!

And I want 'Elf' and 'F1' to breathe on my engine.... Did you know that Williams handcrafted each and every Clio Williams too? ;)

Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS
Laingo said:
Bespoke tyres.... Are Renault still spouting that drivel? I guess they must be, and I guess some people are still buying it...

And I want 'Elf' and 'F1' to breathe on my engine.... Did you know that Williams handcrafted each and every Clio Williams too? ;)

I agree with all you've said...

the word bespoke it being abused a bit these days...

In the 70's it was the Golf GTi
In the 80's it was the Pug 205 GTi
In the 90's it was the Clio Williams
In the 00's it'll be the Clio 197 and its future siblings... (just wait - my spy tells me that the RS Megane will be dropped in 2007 and the turbo donk from that will go ino the next RS Clio)

No one will change my opinion about safety - as an Ambo I've seen far too many people with lost limbs; fractured bones; neck and head injuries from car crashes - all 'cause they thought it would never happen to them... After all, every dude under 30 thinks they are immortal, until the crunch comes and usually its not even their fault.

Cheers
:evil:

A red missile
Well im sorry but i cant take anyone seriously that comes onto a Renault forum with a name like that and list your car as a f**king Datsun.

106 GTi
RSCLIO197 said:
I agree with all you've said...

the word bespoke it being abused a bit these days...

In the 70's it was the Golf GTi
In the 80's it was the Pug 205 GTi
In the 90's it was the Clio Williams
In the 00's it'll be the Clio 197

Not looking that way at the moment think the trophy still has 00's well and truely in its grasp!

You seem happy to Quote EVO on the 197 ... So you may want to read read what Evo think of the 197 now they have tested it back to back with some other hatches over here.

Laingo said:

LOL I thought exactly the same!

172 Cup
blaze said:
...sad little boys..

You just can't help yourself can you?

blaze said:
You see the trouble is you boys assume. Do you know what that means??? "it makes an ass out of you 'n me"

Yea, didn't Gervais say that? Its just that I usually quote someone when I use their comedy.

blaze said:
Munson, go get you're neck in, I did not even comment on you're inability to rationilse.

You know one thing which annoys me, which you see on the net a lot, is when people use the word "your" when it's supposed to be "you're". However, you're the only person stupid enough to get it backwards.

blaze said:
I don't need to or feel the need to be as pathetically abusive as you.

You're kidding me, right?

blaze said:
...you have to be the most abusive/ignorant person I've heard or potentialy met.

Is that after yourself?

Also your use of grammar and sheer amount of spelling mistakes is actually starting to worry me big boy, you know that?

:sleepy:

pwned.jpg

172 Cup
rofl ^ I'm thinking of doing it, but I just can't help myself sometimes.. I know I shouldn't let him wind me up like this.

He talks the most amount of s**t in a post, I almost enjoy picking them to pieces.

BMW 320d SE
To be fair, it's about time somebody said what everyone else was probably thinking, and put him in his place.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
I just fear that Reno have done was Pug and VW did over the years - bigger, heavier, more refined, bigger, heavier, slower....................then thay had to plonk a turbo on the Golf to get it back.

205, 206, 207 (bit fat lardy arse - the £14K GTi HDi is slower than my chipped 1.5)

Golf 1, 2, 3, HUGE FLABBY BLOATER 4, ............ TURBO series 5

pecan said:
rofl ^ I'm thinking of doing it, but I just can't help myself sometimes.. I know I shouldn't let him wind me up like this.

It's very easy to ignore threads that you're not interested in, but it's much harder to ignore clowns who have nothing else better to do than gatecrash a thread that you're interested in. That's why, IMO, the ignore features owns.

Revels Mum & Sister
RSCLIO197 said:

Six speed box
Fantastic zorst system
Cool diffusers
Huge brembo brakes
F1 Elf breathed on motor

Cheers,

Phil.

LOL half the stuff you listed is mearly add ons, Brembo brakes have been around for a VERY long time. They have been fitted to the Fiat Coupe (4 Pots) since 1996, F1 and ELF ok then LOL.

Wheels you can upgrade and bespoke tyres pull the other one, Exhuast and diffusers again after thoughts.

Ony thing there you isted of any importance is Safety but at the end of the day, safety is down to luck to a certain extent, you get hit wrong you DIE. My old Mk3 Fiesta was rolled 3 times down a hill and Iw alked out without a scratch on me!

172 Cup
Roy Munson said:
It's very easy to ignore threads that you're not interested in, but it's much harder to ignore clowns who have nothing else better to do than gatecrash a thread that you're interested in. That's why, IMO, the ignore features owns.

Very true. One more out of him and it's game over.

BMW 320d SE
chiefsilverback said:
Amazing that we're all here then! I can't imagine all of our parents drove at 20 miles an hour everywhere they went, all the time!?!?
LOL! I thought that too - does that mean we can drive too fast now, as we have driver aids and therefore won't die? ;)

Karlos69 said:
LOL! I thought that too - does that mean we can drive too fast now, as we have driver aids and therefore won't die? ;)

Hell yes, I'm taking me and the Trophy down an icy mountain road at 100mph cause I've got traction control and ABS!

dazraffan said:
i only started this thread as a bit of a laugh

i didnt want people to fall out over it !

Dont worry dude, it's usually all gravy until a certain knob spots the thread title and wets his Y-fronts :D

Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS
dazraffan said:
i only started this thread as a bit of a laugh

i didnt want people to fall out over it !

It's been a hoot... luv debating about absolutely nuttin'... great past time...

BTY - you're kids will be driving electric cars when they are our age, and then we'll be chatting about how many Everyready's this car has over than one.... or will it be a Everyready vs. Duracel shoot-out?:rasp:

0 - 62 mph in 22 seconds......:evil: