ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its time 2 get excited 172 owners

Hello, we should have more details on the 172 head and cams as we are fitting a set to our own 172 in the next couple of weeks. We have a fully gasflowed head and a pair of performance cams to fit to our 172, it will then have a new ECU remap and we will rolling road the car to see what gains we get.

***In January we will also have a turbo kit available for the 172 which will take the power upto 250bhp and cost around £5k.***!!!

Please keep an eye on our website for more details.

David Kirk
K-Tec Racing Ltd
01202 855020
<A title=http://www.k-tecracing.com/ href= "http://www.k-tecracing.com/U color=#800080www.k-tecracing.com/U

----- Original Message ----- [/QUOTE]

320d M Sport

hmmmmmmmmmm, wonder how much the cams etc will cost?

least theyre being up front about it!

Good stuff.

Im having a polished inlet manifold fitted on Monday. If its any good, headwork and cams will definitely be next on the list.

Is the polished inlet useable on the Cup?

Does the mk1 have conventional or DBW throttle? Would retrofit cables if I can.

Id also like a metal intake pipe if I could get one to replace the plastic/rubber one- better noise!

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 20 November 2003

Im having a polished inlet manifold fitted on Monday. If its any good, headwork and cams will definitely be next on the list.
The RenaultSport one, or your own one modded?

Quote: Originally posted by JJ172 on 20 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 20 November 2003

The RenaultSport one, or your own one modded?

Not 100% sure to be honest. Initially I was led to believe it was from a 182, now Im thinking its a modified one from a 172. Whatever it is, it will look identical to the one thats on at the moment, so to all intents and purposes, itll be insurance friendly! So yes, if its any good it will fit a Cup or MK2 172. Im having the car rolling roaded at the same rollers before and after, so as well as a subjective opinion Ill be getting some graphs to back it up. Ive canvassed BenRs opinion on it and he seems to think that if its done well it should yield benefits. I bet itll also combine really well with a modified head.

Rhys - sounds superb! R-Sport supply the modded inlet manifold and Nick Hill can also get them - both supplies are from RenaultSport in Dieppe I believe. And, I should think this is the very same manifold from the 182...

Nick Hill reckons he can mod the std 172 manifold to the same spec...

Quote: Originally posted by JJ172 on 20 November 2003

Rhys - sounds superb! R-Sport supply the modded inlet manifold and Nick Hill can also get them - both supplies are from RenaultSport in Dieppe I believe. And, I should think this is the very same manifold from the 182...

Nick Hill reckons he can mod the std 172 manifold to the same spec...
Who do you think is the guinea pig for this? ;)

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Pictures...where are the pictures. when will there be pictures??

Ok ill give you a couple of days to sort it..LOL!!

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 20 November 2003

Pictures...where are the pictures. when will there be pictures??

Ok ill give you a couple of days to sort it..LOL!!
Going to take a camera, but will have to ask Nick if he minds me taking some pics. Could be some top secret work that hes done to it that he doesnt want the world to see. Well, I hope so anyway :D

Quote: Originally posted by RS 172 on 20 November 2003

Hello, we should have more details on the 172 head and cams as we are fitting a set to our own 172 in the next couple of weeks. We have a fully gasflowed head and a pair of performance cams to fit to our 172, it will then have a new ECU remap and we will rolling road the car to see what gains we get.

***In January we will also have a turbo kit available for the 172 which will take the power upto 250bhp and cost around £5k.***!!!

Please keep an eye on our website for more details.

David Kirk
K-Tec Racing Ltd
01202 855020
<A title=http://www.k-tecracing.com/ href= "http://www.k-tecracing.com/U color=#800080www.k-tecracing.com/U

----- Original Message -----

[/QUOTE]i think ive just cum

Quote: Originally posted by RS 172 on 20 November 2003

**RHYS** WHAT IS HE CHARGING IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING, TO CARRY OUT THE WORK U GETTING DONE
Not sure yet. Im sure Nick will give out more details when hes ready.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

At least this is an honest tuner,some previous 200 hp conversions/bullsh*t work have been touted around recentley.At least this one is waiting to get results and is not being secrative about it all.

Nice to see..

Regards,ian

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

so how much is that polished inlet manifold rhys? :oops: is that all mr hill is fitting for u?

ICE'dberg MK2 172

250bhp for the turbo..MMmm

what does that equate to in lbs/ft torque???

Roamers TBd 212 was 170lb/ft and the V6 was 190lb/ft last time out.

So any ideas??

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Well thats Xmas cancelled in this house!! The pennys will be needed elsewhere i think!! Like a new gas flowed head.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 20 November 2003

250bhp for the turbo..MMmm

what does that equate to in lbs/ft torque???

Roamers TBd 212 was 170lb/ft and the V6 was 190lb/ft last time out.

So any ideas??
Theres more torque from a forced induction engine, so for 250bhp, youd be not so far behind the same value in lfb/ft!!!

250hp could be 2000lb torque or 20lb torque it all depend on the revs.

Usually petrols make the same amount of torque as Hp but at 5k rather than the higer revs that map Hp is generated.

250lb or torque sound about the max the clutch and gearbox can handle. Id love to take the car back to Renault and say there something wrong with the engine and they look under the bonnet and see a turbo install. Then again I wonder how many dealership would know that it isnt normal?

Min cannot tell the differnec e between a 1.2 with 172 badges and wheel and a proper 172 from the outside (one of the employees told me and his college hadnt been able to)

EDD