ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's unlike me...

to do something a bit silly, however in recent months I have been growing bored with the looks of the dirty black, brake dust stained, black wheeled 182 pictured here:

DSC_1551.jpg

So after watching a Clio Cup race at Brands I fell in love with a teams color scheme and here we have it, possibly the first idiot to paint 2118s :clown:
blue%20wheels.JPG

Your thoughts? (although I don't really care as I love it ;))

Evo 8 MR
Nice, not too bad at all. ;)

I'll be doing my track wheels a bright colour, it's just got to be done.

Megane 225 F1
I hate you! If I got a black 172, that was the colour I was going to paint the turinis i still have :(

Got to think of another colour now.

Looks amazing though :)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
The more i look at it, the more amazing it looks!

Might have to pop over to Uxbridge just to have a closer look!

182 FF
I think it looks awsome :cool: The bullets need to be a different colour than silver though, maybe the same blue with black writing or black with silver/blue writing.

Last edited:
I don't want to be part of the 'paint everything' club, badges / bullets etc so I am going to leave it like that.

A recent girlfriend poll states that the colour change is not popular - I'm making dinner tonight :(

You can't see it in the before pic, but one of the mirror covers were missing and the wheels were v/badly stained with the toughest b@tard brake dust so it's nice to have it all tidy again when matched with a front end respray. The cars done just over 90k now, it was on 35k when I brought it just under 2 years ago - so it was about time she had some cosmetic love.

Detailing is still for g@ys mind ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The colour, incase anyone is wondering, is Riviera Blue. Normally found on a GT3 RS.

B*****d wheels to prepare. B*****d wheels to paint. Thats coming from a painter who used to paint wheels for McLaren a few years ago!
Didn't help that they were shot blasted with the equivalent of builders sand to start with. Fail.

They look spot on mate....but then again we knew they would didn't we?;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very nice Tom, not sure if the mirrors are a bit too much, but I like it anyways. It's a lairy track scheme, never a bad thing.

The colour, incase anyone is wondering, is Riviera Blue. Normally found on a GT3 RS.

B*****d wheels to prepare. B*****d wheels to paint. Thats coming from a painter who used to paint wheels for McLaren a few years ago!
Didn't help that they were shot blasted with the equivalent of builders sand to start with. Fail.

Are you this painter?? If so, want to earn some money and help a "brother" out?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Very nice Tom, not sure if the mirrors are a bit too much, but I like it anyways. It's a lairy track scheme, never a bad thing.

Are you this painter?? If so, want to earn some money and help a "brother" out?

No im not the painter, i just did the prep work so our painter didn't have too much work on his hands when it came to painting them. It still took him two goes though!

What is it you need mate? May be able to help you out. PM me with any questions.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Whoever pointed out the bullets wants shooting. Now it's been mentioned, they stand out way too much. Just do them black, nothing fancy. Looks a bit half baked with them as is. Love Riviera!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No im not the painter, i just did the prep work so our painter didn't have too much work on his hands when it came to painting them. It still took him two goes though!

What is it you need mate? May be able to help you out. PM me with any questions.

PM Ye. (Sizeable one, sorry)

Look forward to seeing this in the flesh Tom.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Been wondering who's car that was on the banner-looked awesome with the black 2118s.

Can see the logic with the company logo, but not a fan of the blue tbh.

330i. E30 Touring.

So most of Failsport got an MMS earlier, with a pic of the wheels, I replied: 'Tenting.'

Looks better in the pics, and I'm f**king glad my old mirror covers are a part of this little beaut. x