ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacob's titanium ph1

Audi A5
Shame about the induction pipe as it really is a well made bit of kit, maybe the bloke with have to make one with a bigger diameter.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
nice result tbh mate, I'd say 10bhp gain over standard lump (172 is ps, so 169 or there about in bhp) :)

as for power in the future, I see boost ;)

Inferno 225 cup
Quite an update on parts wise.

Had my special delivery thanks to NorthloopCup for being a great bloke and keeping me updated on my gripper diff that I ordered.

abe3ury5.jpg

basunuba.jpg

This is going to agency transmissions hopefully Monday with the box to rebuild.

Bought another exhaust as I'm bored of the stealth ( I don't know why :( )

3a8aveby.jpg

8umenu5e.jpg

zuzamy2y.jpg

pe7uja4y.jpg

Nice little yozza for myself :) if anyone wants my stealth which is in great condition only been on the car 7-months let me know, photos are on page two ;)

Also got some gearbox oil from opie oils that Gray ordered along with a new cat -manifold fitting kit, which reminds me I also need a new centre exhaust mount.

340i
You kept the exhaust purchase quiet! - same system as my old one... you'll need some ear defenders ;)

I've got your oils and fitting kit at work, I'll pop round Saturday.

Inferno 225 cup
Well I've had a brilliant weekend, found out that Clio's can do the splits.
udaqu5un.jpg

Filled by a goodbye wave.

7a9ebapu.jpg

Gearbox has finally gave way and steering rack by the look of things.

Not to worry as I've got a new steering rack on its way thanks to SkidMarx :) so will swap my new tre's and rods over from my old one to the new.

Got my new cat-mani fixing kit along with motul gearbox oil to drop in the newly built gripper'd box that I'm taking to agency tomorrow and can't wait to fit!

Also bought/buying a yozza as the stealth is boring me.

Hopefully when all finished I will have a really quick, clean ph1 without any problems.

340i
Looking at that photo its definitely something steering related that's broken. Maybe it was that all along?

I would fit new genuine inner arms mate, I am not convinced those pattern ones are correct :(

Inferno 225 cup
Looking at that photo its definitely something steering related that's broken. Maybe it was that all along?

I would fit new genuine inner arms mate, I am not convinced those pattern ones are correct :(

It's got me thinking that too, something seriously wasn't right with the steering or the box.

Dave's just dropped of the steering rack ( thanks SkidMarx )off so going to ring Ads in the morning for genuine parts, plus I've got them nylon rack bushes which can be fit at the same time too.

All being well with the new box & steering rack with new tre's and inner arms should cure the problems.

340i
You'll need to measure the diameter of your inner arms to order from, Adam. The size can differ depending on the rack model.

Inferno 225 cup
No chap, all removed, thus why I want to order new.

Spoke to Martin today and the best thing for me to do, would be send the gearbox and gripper on a pallet.

Any courier recommendations?

Dunno if the different tie rods are because there are SMI racks and TRW racks? Most are SMI as is the one I gave you.

Cant you just give them my Reg so they can get you the right ones?

Yea sounds about right actually, I tried to get some motor factor ones a few months back BUT they refused to sell them as apparantly they always send the wrong ones. That was Andrew Page tho, maybe GSF would be a bit more helpfull.

Inferno 225 cup
Well the box got sent on Friday and Agency should of received it today all being well, MicKPM is making a start, removing engine to get the ball rolling.

List of what's being done;

New steering rack.
New tre's.
New inner arms.
Nylon steering rack bushes.
Rebuilt box + Gripper.
New clutch.
New cat-mani fitting kit.

Looking forward to getting it back and hopefully feel pretty damn good :) will need geo fully setting up so will get that booked it.

Doubt it would be before the weekend as Mick is busy, so Cub. This weekend is not looking to good for me :( going to ask my dad for his jag but highly unlikely.

In talks with a chap about some alcantara recaro's for a really good price, just need fully cleaning.

Unsure on any further plans as I'm looking at a few different cars, don't know whether to sell of keep, so I will wait till I've had it back a while before I rush into buying a new car.

Will update when I know more or get the car back.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Be a shame if you can't make it bud, that's three that have bailed on me :(

But I understand.

Roll down in the jaaagggg, full baller spec. MicKPM you are more than welcome at mine aswell bud, PM me if you're free :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Roll down in the jaaagggg, full baller spec. MicKPM you are more than welcome at mine aswell bud, PM me if you're free :)

I would love to chap but I have plans this weekend that involve making sure the rear beam on the Clio isn't bent after Andy Wilkinson said it looked like it was crabbing en-route to Buddies.

Bloody cars!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Well the box got sent on Friday and Agency should of received it today all being well, @MicKPM is making a start, removing engine to get the ball rolling.

List of what's being done;

New steering rack.
New tre's.
New inner arms.
Nylon steering rack bushes.
Rebuilt box + Gripper.
New clutch.
New cat-mani fitting kit.

Looking forward to getting it back and hopefully feel pretty damn good :) will need geo fully setting up so will get that booked it.

Doubt it would be before the weekend as Mick is busy, so @Cub. This weekend is not looking to good for me :( going to ask my dad for his jag but highly unlikely.

In talks with a chap about some alcantara recaro's for a really good price, just need fully cleaning.

Unsure on any further plans as I'm looking at a few different cars, don't know whether to sell of keep, so I will wait till I've had it back a while before I rush into buying a new car.

Will update when I know more or get the car back.

You need to chuck a 182 exhaust manifold in while the engine is out. :D

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
well mate I hope you do keep it, all it'll need after all that work is cage and buckets and cadwell time :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It would be a shame to do all of this work and not track it. Failing that I'll give you £700 for that box and diff lol