ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Golf GTD Mk7
how do I actually download the apps once i've got cydia installed? Do I need to change the source to a certain link? when I search I can't find any of the usual apps.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've read the whole thread but still kinda struggling. Basically, the App I need is called GPSPhone, A Gameboy Advance Emulator. I've got it, I've added the source, Downloaded what I needed, But its still saying I have to pay for the app, Where as it was free on my mates?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Wasn't this a sticky thread?

Anyway, quick question.

A friend has a 3G on 3.0 jb'd for unlock etc. If I update him to 4.0.1 (I have the ipsw) will iTunes still restore and activate it to 4.0.1? Obviously I know how apple like pressing the latest software out so wasn't sure if they'd activate the older Fw still?

Go cry to your momma!
I'm pretty sure the 3G doesn't have to be authenticated by apple for firmware updates/changes.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I'm pretty sure the 3G doesn't have to be authenticated by apple for firmware updates/changes.

Appears some models do :(

Get an error each time and stupidly he hadnt saved his blobs from 3ios. I'll just wait til 4.1 is do-able and unlockable

Go cry to your momma!
If it says it's failed after spending 5mins loading the firmware, you need to use recboot to bring it out of DFU mode..

I haven't done it for a while but it should be possible to go back and forth to any iOS on the 3G :)

Redmondpie is a pretty useful site.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
If it says it's failed after spending 5mins loading the firmware, you need to use recboot to bring it out of DFU mode..

I haven't done it for a while but it should be possible to go back and forth to any iOS on the 3G :)

Redmondpie is a pretty useful site.

See now I had a feeling it was possible to do any Fw change on 3G which is why I was surprised. To be fair, I didn't enter dfu mode. I just connect and shift restored. Does it's have to be in dfu mode?

I've not gone between fw's for so long Now it all feels new lol

Go cry to your momma!
Download recboot..put it in recovery mode, shift restore in itunes (you'll get an error at the end, that's ok) exit recovery mode with recboot and you should be running the the firmware you anticipated :)

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
Anybody tried saving the shsh blobs from anything before 4.1 recently? Keep getting an error:

CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone3GS 4.0 (8A293) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

it's the same for everything except 4.1.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Used jailbreakme to jailbreak iPhone 4 on 4.0.1

Can I update to 4.1 jailbroken without losing my naughty apps and cydia apps?

Bus w**ker
Dunno if it's any help, I'm only just reading up on jailbreaking so it might be no help, but one thing I just read said to use somecalled AptBackup in Cydia to backup any JB apps and restore them. Might be worth a google.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
You need to go have a read about it all by the sounds of things. Don't think this place is the place to talk about that side of it fella

BMW M135i
Picked myself up a 4 today, straight home and jailbroken with limera1in no problems. Even got cydia to show up without restarting and the limera1n app removed itself even though it was supposed not to work. All good here.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
im just restoring... wasnt happy did a jb on my ip4 using the lime rain thing and it just made it buggy and horrible to use, had random issues, home button would sometimes not work, everything became a bit slower and for some reason today i couldnt receive txts... so im just restoring...

tbh i couldnt really find any reason to keep it jailbroken... winterboard wasnt working propperly, unless you were using inst***** or appc*** there is no real reason that i can think of :/ dont think i will be bothering again

Bus w**ker
Only thing that I've found that is a good reason for JB is the LockInfo app. Other than that f**k all, unless you're some pikie that cant afford to pay 59p for Cut The Rope.

No problems here though using Limera1n on iP4.

AK

M240i
cool.

How you finding the 4 sym0n, I remember when I had my blackberry you were the man in the know..

Bus w**ker
Now I'm used to it I'm liking it. Still has a few annoying quirks that piss me off, but it's a good smartphone none the less. I'd still struggle to pick a clear winner between the iP4 and a (good) BB as they both do certain things better, but I think from an ease of use point of view the iP4 kills BB...sadly it can also be the iP4's downfall as at times it's so f**king restricted it takes the piss.

Battery life of the 4 is unreal though. I hammer it all day doing some quite intensive things, from about 5:30, and it's still going strong at gone 23:00 on the same charge. It's a freak, my BB would need a charge at lunch under the same circumstances.

Ironically I lost all data just as I was about to hit send and had to power cycle my 4 to get it back, after 30 minutes.

-
Is there a way of transfering apps from itunes to iphone manually without itunes. i.e. drag and drop type thing.