ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Bumder With A Buffer
Depends..

Personally I have installous and then download stuff through Itunes.

Then SCP into the phone and find the instalous "download" folder and put stuff in there. Then open installous and install from there. But it takes AGES to transfer large files.

Obviously there are over uses for installous I dont use it for that purpose (only kept it for the reason above)

-
I have tomtom downloaded but i get an unknown error when trying to sync it over to my phone.

So im just trying to find another way of transferring it without using itunes.

Cupra
PDANET is now free. After the trial period is up you can't use https but http is fine.

Beats paying $20 for MyWi anyway.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Just had a friend message me. He's bought a 3GS from eBay and it's running 3.1!

How can I get it jailbroken and unlocked? I don't want him stuck with a tethered JB so is there anyway around this. I know he'd be ok on 3.1 JB an unlocked long as it's not tethered.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Guys i need some help,

Im trying to jailbreak and then unlock a 3gs version 4.1 on firmware 05.14.02, but iv read and you CANT unlock with the firmware 05.14.02, great :( need to unlock it by this weekend if possible.

Now is it possible to backdate the firmware to the previous one?

Thanks,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ok, been reading more here:

http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-ios-4.1-to-ios-4-3.1.3-3.1.2-how-to-guide/

and came across this part:

" This step is applicable to iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3G and iPod touch 2G (MC model) which have their SHSH blobs (ECID SHSH) saved on Cydia for the firmware you downgrading on. If you don’t have your SHSH files saved, you cannot downgrade the mentioned devices."

iisnt there any chance i can get files from anywhere else?

o2 should have unlocked it by now, but suprise suprise buggers aint done it, :mad:

Cupra
Firmware = 4.1, baseband = 05.14.02
If you have upgraded your baseband, you cannot downgrade it again.

iClarrified have all the guides you could need. If it is not listed there, it is not worth trying IMHO.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
should have update this tbh, The phone has been Unlocked by o2, it accepts any sim card now but for some reason doesnt give out signal :S

Why cant they just make it simple and unlock the buggers from the beginning

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
tried to change the carrier logo name on my iphone but nothing happens.
i tyoe in what i want, click on carrier and nothing happens?
any ideas?

Sorry to be a noob.

Jailbroke my 3GS 4.2.1 with green poison. However it's locked to o2 and i want to use orange.

Tried to find a pwnage tool but it seems the 4.2 is only for mac. Apparently snowbreeze 2.2 will unlock it for me, but i can't find a download link?

Any help...

EDIT: think i've worked it out through cydia

Last edited:
Confused now.

Did what it says on the link to unlock, through cydia, but it either says searching.... or no service

What can i do to make it work?

Running 4.2.1 jailbroke with green poison with firmware 05.15.04

So apparently i can't unlock this baseband, and need to upgrade? But apparently there are issues with the next baseband...

Any definitive idea.

Last edited:
From o2? Just go in and ask them to unlock it, they'll do it?

Do i need to un-jailbrake it first?

Is there no way of doing it for free?

Might be better going into a store, as i was given the phone by my sister, so i've no simcard or contract for it, thus lacking some * fields on the form. Otherwise that would be cracking. Unless i can put my orange number?

Thanks.

Go to an o2 shop.

'Hi, I've got a new phone and I need a PAYG simcard. Can I have one please?'
'Certainly sir, you'll need to top it up with a minimum of 10 pounds'
'Okay, I'll do 15'

Go home. Find form. Put in that new number and they'll take the 15 quid from your credit. Then it will text you in a few days when it's done. Plug into iTunes. Done.

They can't unlock them in store.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Apple unlock them using the carrier as a middleman, this does not mean that apple unlock them directly.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't sure whether you could download the ipsw file through itunes and i needed to run it through redsn0w first to jailbreak.

ATV2, I've spent the last 2hours (literaly) trying to JB it using GreenPois0n

OS build 4.2.1
Software version 4.1.1
Software build 1553

I must have tried 100+ times now!

I can't get it into DFU mode, and when I do (5-6 times) it says 'Jailbreak Failed'.

Please help :(

I'm still trying :(

I can get it into DFU mode nearly every time without fail.

It lets me press 'Jailbreak', loads the green bar then fails every time.

Any ideas?

Tesla MP3 2021
Dont know mate, I personally havent done it as I've yet to buy an ATV2, but it seems pretty stright forward and hassle free when watching people do it on YT :eek:

Dont know mate, I personally havent done it as I've yet to buy an ATV2, but it seems pretty stright forward and hassle free when watching people do it on YT :eek:

Tell me about it :eek:

Well I brought it into work today, ran the same process and it worked on the 3rd try :S

Can't check until tonight to see if it actually worked, as don't have a HDMI cable with me now.

Tesla MP3 2021
lol, well at least you have completed the Jailbreak. Fingers crossed.

BTW, are you planning on sreaming HD content with this from a NAS, cant quite remember what you said in another thread.

lol, well at least you have completed the Jailbreak. Fingers crossed.

BTW, are you planning on sreaming HD content with this from a NAS, cant quite remember what you said in another thread.

Yeh that's the plan. NAS > ATV running XBMC. Means I don't need my laptop/iTunes running all the time to watch movies etc.