ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Hmm. I've got the 'Absinthe' logo on my desktop, but after I press it, it just sits on the black screen (with logo).

Last edited:

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
ive just jailbroken my 4s and dont have a clue were to start any help?

Install winterboard.

Install pwncenter and then install all sources.

Install Stefwiz and install all sources.

Browse cydia for themes etc. I recommend lockinfo, sbsettings, colour keyboard, mywi (tethering for free)...

Just google for top cydia packages etc...

I only use mine for theming, not for stealing apps...

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
can anyone tell me how to install keyboards because i can't seem to get them to work?

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Just done mine today, not loads available yet, but its still worth doing....

MyWi is worth installing if you havent got a 3g ipad...

GRitch have you chosen a theme, saved and resprung?

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Yeah Phuzion. I eventually managed. Realised i'd downloaded the wrong color keyboard. Thanks :)

MiWi (or whatever it's called) is ideal if you use your laptop / iPad while away from wifi.

SBsettings for having quick control over brightness/wifi mode/refresh etc, with one swipe.

5 icon dock.

Inferno 182 CUP
I never tether as phone doesn't have enough data and sbs doesn't interest me lol .. So is that it?

Any decent themes?

I use my JB for
iBlacklist - Call/Text Filtering
3G Unrestrictor - So I can FaceTime on 3G etc
SBSettings - nice to have toggles on notification centre.
TetherMe - for personal hotspot

And that's it, no themes or anything

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
I never tether as phone doesn't have enough data and sbs doesn't interest me lol .. So is that it?

Any decent themes?

My recommendations:

LOCKINFO: http://www.lockinfo.net/

LockInfo1.png

Its highly customisable so you can make it look how you want, and additional plugins are available, like cydialer. You can use coverflow to dial your favourites from lockscreen. Cydget integrates nicely with lockinfo so search for cydgets to install.

MYWI: http://intelliborn.com/mywi.html
its like tethering but better...simples...worth the $20 easily...

Activator: Custom gestures for anything, if you want a diagonal swipe to start Camera, so be it...

SBSSettings: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/02/...er-method-to-manage-your-iphone-settings.html
Instantly switch on BT, Wifi, LocServ, 3G with a swipe, no need to unlock and go into settings etc. You can also reboot, shutdown, restart springboard and free up memory etc.

Colour Keyboard: http://iphonemonsta.com/color-keyboard-fully-customize-iphone-ios-keyboard-cydia
Custom colours for keyboard funnily enough.
Labelslider: Custom unlock messages

Make it mine: Custom Carrier and change clock to name if you want.

Springflash: Turn on torch mode with both volume buttons.

Clear Lockscreen - remove the banners for a much nicer looking lockscreen.

F.Lux:
Dims the screen hue as per time of day, when in bed at night it has an incandescent glow rather than bright blue. Better for you eyes etc...

Five Icon Dock

Themes:
BlackUPS HD
CUPS HD
Glasklart HD - Nice transparent icons
iFlat 3 Evo
iFlat 4 HD
266HD

best just browing the cydia Themes section for all the premium themes, or design your own if you want.

Obviously winterboard is a must for themes etc, so just install all available sources and browse Cydia for themes you like, or sign up on modmyi or maciti etc for jailbreak advice etc...

Mk2 Golf GTI
Can some with a jailbroken iphone 4 do me a favour and try to download the (free) myfitnesspal app from the official app store. For some reason this app just won't work on my phone yet it works on all my mates'. The only difference is that mine is jailbroken and theirs aren't.

260% JCW
Warning I'm an iphone NOOB.

I don't have clue about where to start with jail breaking my iphone, so i have a few questions.

1. Will it damage it in any way. i.e irreversible corruption.
2. Is it free to do
3. Are there any idiot guides, could do with some help.

iphone 4s by the way version 5.0.1, my laptop is Windows based.

Thanks in advance for any help.