ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Sorted,

Plugged it into my brothers mac and bingo, restored. infact we then went on to jailbreak it. 0 problems so far running IOS 5.1 jailbroken and running fine.

now to look into what i can do.

i want to downgrade from 5.1 so i can jail break it, (iPhone 4)

but i have no clue where to start, ive jailbroken my iPod touch 3g before on ios 4.x but that was all a blur and i have forgotten how to do it.

im reading all over the place about shsh blobs and stuff and i really dont want to brick my iphone.

can anyone help ?

i want to downgrade from 5.1 so i can jail break it, (iPhone 4)

but i have no clue where to start, ive jailbroken my iPod touch 3g before on ios 4.x but that was all a blur and i have forgotten how to do it.

im reading all over the place about shsh blobs and stuff and i really dont want to brick my iphone.

can anyone help ?

As far as im aware youll need to have saved them blobs from 5.0.1 to be able to downgrade back, blobs are individual to you. So you wont be able to downgrade without them

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Short version is that it gives you control and access to you whole phone and not just what Apple say you can. There are a lot of benefits to doing it but for most it's because they're too tight to pay for a 69p app and can get most of them for free once jailbroke.

Millions of people across the world run jailbroke iPhones but I wouldn't say most. It's a hassle, comes with some danger and for the average none geeky user they just don't care or need to.

Basically if you're not running in to issues using your phone as it comes and can't think of a benefit to jailbreaking it then I wouldn't bother. I've not been jailbroke since the beta of iOS 5 and there's little tweaks I really miss but I can live with vanilla.

Completely forgot I posted here :eek:.

Cheers for the quick run down there mate, don't think I will bother im happy how it is for now.

As far as im aware youll need to have saved them blobs from 5.0.1 to be able to downgrade back, blobs are individual to you. So you wont be able to downgrade without them

Cheers, I eventually found this out after watching quite a few hours of YouTube videos,

Guess I'll have to wait till 5.1 untethered is jail broken, anyone have any ideas when this could be? I'm sure it must be soon, as I'm sure I read somewhere some on has done it.

Mk2 Golf GTI
swipeselection is a good addition for ipad users. And SBsettings for sure

The little tweaks make it worhtwhile for me, like being able to close all background apps with one touch or skip songs by holding a volume button instead of double clicking home then tapping the screen etc.

For the sake of 5 minutes effort it's defo worth it.

Well lads!
Just after updating my 4 from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1...
I used to have a 3G and a Bluetooth shortcut on my home screen(I downloaded it through safari) but they don't work on 5.1.1:(

Anything on cydia that does this?
I tried sbsettings but I can't get them on the home screen.

Thanks man!
I installed it already:)

I do like it a lot better then my old one also..
with my old one you click on 3G and it will take you to network options to turn it on/off

While this when you click on it...it just turns it on/off from the home screen:)

Is there any other app like "Usefulicons"?
I like it for my 3g & wifi but with my bluetooth it wont connect to my radio automatically:(

I have to go to general,buletooth and click on my radio.

Audi A5

Thanks for the reply.

have you used this yourself?

im not liking this bit

In addition, it’s a tethered-boot jailbreak, which means each time you switch your device off or reboot, you’ll need to connect to your PC or Mac in order to get it up and running again. Although any jailbreak is, of course, better than no jailbreak at all, in some instances, it may cause issues. For example, if your A4 device is your daily runner as opposed to a spare / leisure device, then I’d have to suggest you wait for an untethered jailbreak. You wouldn’t want to be caught in an emergency situation and unable to call for help because you wanted the convenience of SBSettings, now would you?

Is their any reliable untethered jailbreaks about?

Bus w**ker
I've not used JB since iOS 4 and never a tethered JB. Personally I wouldn't as JBs, or the apps, are not always stable and can mean that you need to reboot the phone occasionally (sometimes often). I couldn't take the risk of this happening if I was away from home and not being able to use my phone until I could get back and plug it in to boot tethered. I seem to remember something about a soft boot coming about some time ago, it did something like allow the phone to boot back to some sort of limited default state so you could at least access some features like make phone calls and send messages.

As far as I'm aware there is no untethered JB available for any iOS version over 5.1.1 and nothing for the 5 or iPad 3rd/4th gen iPad.

182 Cup
my cousin has the first of the Retina iPads which would be classdd as 3rd Gen I think, and has JB it. No idea where from or how. I just know it wasn't on iOS 6 :/

Audi S1
Symon do me a cheeky favor and check Cydia for clash of clan hacks lol. Really don't want to waste my time later!

Bus w**ker
Would do, but Cydia is fucked from the load; I can't even access the login screen to see if my account is still active or install anything. I'll check in a bit when it's all calmed down.