ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Icy is like cydia and gives downloads. To delete an app go to cydia, manage and then packages and click the one you want to delete

Has anyone used the iNav theme or varients of it? I have downloaded whitoken but not sure i want to install it. Is using Categories safe? i have heard a lot of bad things about it.

whitoken_ipod_touch_3_0_theme_by_6mik_design.png

a burnt one
What are the advantages of a jailbroken iPhone? Do you get free apps? is it only cydia apps you can install or is the appstore still available?

What is the worst case scenario should something go wrong when attempting this?

E92 330
What are the advantages of a jailbroken iPhone? Do you get free apps? is it only cydia apps you can install or is the appstore still available?

What is the worst case scenario should something go wrong when attempting this?

free apps & some games, i havent really found any that useful tho. Never heard of anything go wrong, i did mine yest with a guide off iclarified.com
only problem i had was that everytime i downloaded the ispw file it wasnt saving correctly so i had to download firefox, re download the ispw file and it was straight forward from there.

a burnt one
Sounds like more hassle than it's worth, all that appeals to me is having backgrounds and text message tones, the novelty of which will wear off after a week.

SLK 350
Hardly a hassle, especially if you use Purplerain (instead of Redsn0w), literally 1 click, done.

There's plenty of benefits from JBing, for it just being able to display my calendar/mail/weather/sms/missed calls on my lockscreen was enough. Then add to that, SBsettings and the numerous other additions, I'd not want to be without it.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Hardly a hassle, especially if you use Purplerain (instead of Redsn0w), literally 1 click, done.

There's plenty of benefits from JBing, for it just being able to display my calendar/mail/weather/sms/missed calls on my lockscreen was enough. Then add to that, SBsettings and the numerous other additions, I'd not want to be without it.

What did you use to get your missed calls etc to display on your lockscreen?

SLK 350
Yeah, makes good use of the Lockscreen, I find it a complete PITA to continually have to slide to unlock->type in passcode->press mail just to read my latest email. This was I can decide if it's important enough to need a response.

Also dead handy for reading SMS, checking weather or monthly calendar, or appointments (of which I currently have 0).

Happy to forward my .js (Java config files) to anybody using it. Saves reconfiguring it, though you'll also get London weather etc.

SchwepTek™
I've installed it all but only get calendar showing.

How do i edit it all and get the other features on lock screen?

Hoff that rocks mate, nicely done. Will be on the PM to you once mine arrives tomorrow chap.

jamie

SLK 350
Thanks :) Got it all downloaded and installed but can't seem to get the .js to open on my laptop.

Anyone know of any programs that will open this on vista?

Download Notepad++ it's excellent, or use Notepad/Wordpad if you have to.

The program will put a menu in your Settings app, under LockCal make sure everything (you want) is enabled. Oh and make sure you get the 20secondlockscreen, otherwise it's pointless.

Also worth noting that by default, all empty categories will not appear. So send yourself a text or missed call to check it displays properly.

Also make sure you enable the extend options, and scroll options.

@Millwall, yeah it's on Cydia.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
ive installed it but a couple of questions. How do I find the place to change the weather to my area? cany figure this one out, also how do i stop the usual block appearing telling me who has just text/rang me so i only see it on this app?

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
andywright182 said:
ive installed it but a couple of questions. How do I find the place to change the weather to my area? cany figure this one out, also how do i stop the usual block appearing telling me who has just text/rang me so i only see it on this app?

The weather is in the .js config file you need to change to your area.

You need to get popup blocker for the other part.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
The weather is in the .js config file you need to change to your area.

You need to get popup blocker for the other part.

On the weather settings look for the script that says:

Visit http://accuweather.com to find something that works
var locales = ["Dalkeith, UK",];

The bit in bold should be your town or city as it shows on Accuweather.com

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
JON13S said:
I've installed it all but only get calendar showing.

How do i edit it all and get the other features on lock screen?

when you figure it all out you can do mine lol and then explain it all to me

PM'd you..