ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Audi S1
My Cydia messed up! crashed my phone when updating, then crashed my laptop. I had to restore the iphone, but now when im putting the jailbreaking stuff back on in DFS mode of something... just seems it wants to take forever!.

I asked Sneeks about this Scutch, as I recently cocked up my apps by syncing them with iTunes, meaning they no longer work (simple delete and reinstall sorted them).

I now can't access Cydia and asked Richard, because when I went to restore, itunes downloaded 3.1 and asked if I wanted to upgrade. Apparantly, if you don't connect to the internet when restoring, it won't check the updates and you can restore to 3.0.1/3.0. Or he said Shift and click restore (or ctrl) and this allows you to choose which software you want to restore to.

Hating life. iTunes updated to 3.1 and I can seem to downgrade to 3.0... I've read the Dev blog above Tom but I don't really understand it.

I tried 'Option' + 'Restore' (I'm on a mac btw) and chose to restore to 3.0.0.ipsw but it comes up with 'The ipod could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible' :(

Looks like i'm going to have to wait now... unless there is a recovery program for mac?

Monaco 172 (5/468)
I have a iphone on contract but I'm scared to jailbreak it. Question is, is it worth it ? whats the upside and downside to doing this ?

Advise please

Cupra
No downside what so ever. If you don't like it, just restore to apple firmware. No risks either.

The benefits are that you can use your iPhone as you would want to.....With some other features do not get mentioned here.

E36 328
oh for f**ks sake, just done EVERYTHING the guide says and its now stuck on "downloading jailbreak data"

why does this always happen to me?? Anyone help??????

edit: ok its done that, took fuckin ages and it has rebooted but theres no cydia icon? About 5 minutes ago it said 'iphone is activated' on the screen wtf is that all about?

Last edited:
  E36 328
has it not worked cos im trying to jailbreak from 3.1?
Says in the op that i should download 3.0 even if im running 3.1. Presumably this means what im doing is possible?

Recaro Black Gold 182
Jailbreak is good but it brought my iPhone grinding to a halt, its slows it up so badly, just restored back to 3.0, just in case I want to go back.

2014 Focus Titanium
Awesome Tom! Thanks for the link, bad news for me though:

The iPhone 3GS is now supported in PwnageTool 3.1.3, assuming the phone was pwned at 3.0 or 3.0.1 - PwnageTool does not support the 3GS out of the box. If your iPhone 3GS has 3.1 preinstalled and is not Pwned then there is no tested jailbreak solution at the moment.

I bought my iPhone today and it was 3.1 straight out the box so still nothing I can do yet!

I've downloaded Redsnow, and 3.0 for the 3GS.

It loads up, installs loads of stuff, reboots, but then doesn't do anything.
No new apps, no changes at all.

I'm on 3.1, and have followed the guide 100%.

What's it installed if I can't see anything different?

SchwepTek™
Anyone tell me where i find the config.js file to edit lockinfo. SSH'd into the phone but cant find it anywhere. :eek:

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Schweppy said:
Anyone tell me where i find the config.js file to edit lockinfo. SSH'd into the phone but cant find it anywhere. :eek:

It's in private - var - stash - themes - lockinfo

Mine didn't come with 3.1 out of the box and was Jailbroken on 3.0.0 but I stupidly upgraded to 3.1 couple of weeks back... I'm confused. Does this mean Pwntool still won't work for me?

Cupra
Nope, it just means that you wont be able to make it simlock free AFAIK.

Do they release PwnageTool on PC ever? Can I install OSX on a virtual PC, create a new IPSW, copy it over to windows and then run itunes to load the new file?

I quite fancy some of the new features but dont fancy buying a mac for them! :D

Cupra
After some more googling I found that Sn0wBreeze will be a windows pwnagetool. ETA 12 October.

I'll just wait until then rather than arsing around with virtual PC's.

I think I might be able to do it...

Downgrade from Itunes 9 to 8.2 (compatible with iTouch 2G)

then put iTouch into DFU and restore back to 3.0 then Pwnagetool I hope...

Monaco 53/468
I have a predicament!

My iPhone 3G has a little crack on the rear case so I'm hoping to get it replaced on Saturday, only thing is I need it unlocked so I can use my Three SIM in it. So my question is this; If the new phone (should they give me one) comes with 3.1 out of the box will I be able to unlock it for my Three SIM?

Note; Yes I will be doing a restore to delete cydia etc before I go in store!

SchwepTek™
Anyone wanna help me out with lockinfo?

All set up but want my calendar to show end time for each entry?!?!?

Cupra
I'm going to wait until tomorrow for Sn0wBreeze. The phone should remain unlockable then where as it wont with blackra1n if I am not mistaken?

Mine was out the box on 3.1, now updated to 3.1.2 and blackra1n installed.

Done a few of Christopher's recommended apps, all works well :)