ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

i'm due to get an ipad in a couple of weeks (birthday) are they shipping with a jailbreakable firmware atm then mate?

Yeah, mine worked fine.

I used the Spirit JB on it, and I am using the latest iTunes too.

I went for the WiFi option, and using MyWi on the iPhone to get 3G through it.

oh really, with 9.2 aswell eh. coolio

I was using an older version of iTunes, but when plugging the iPad in for the first time, it said the iPad wasn't compatible, and had to upgrade to 9.2.

Not had any problems.

Cupra
The Dev team have released pwnage tool 4.0 which can JB 4.0 on most devices. Have a read on their site for full info. It's for mac/ vmware users only.

AK

M240i
Ah cool.

Doesn't matter anyway as I used spirit so there's nothing out yet :(

Summary: Currently, PwnageTool only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom.

If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak then you can create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with your jailbroken recovery mode.
If you have an iPhone 3GS with the NEW BOOTROM this is NOT supported by PwnageTool 4.0

Cupra
Yep, I'll do mine tonight. I'm still on the original baseband from 3.0 so it should be fairly painless.

It's annoying that the new phone doesn't come out here (holland) until next month. The iPad has not even been released yet either.. being bottom of the pile for Apple gadgets FTL.

Not a Clio
On a jailbroken 3G how do you stop multitasking? I know you double tap home to start which works fine, but I can't find out how to stop it.

Cupra
Just as a heads up, Winterboard made my multitasking tray appear empty. I've left it off for the time being.

182 Cup
Had bother last night with the phone going into safemode and refusing to come back out, restored and jailbroke again and it seems to be fine since.

I've got no plan to JB the 4, but I assume this isn't available yet anyway?

I used it on the 3GS for folders, wallpaper and multitasking (which the 4 has), plus a few tweaks like 5-springboard, different message/email tones.

I only used the 5 spring board and JBSsettings "swipe screen" app that meant I could bring up settings (location, 3G, wifi, flight mode) easily.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Settings now remembers where you were last so that feature is kinda redundant.

Cupra
Settings now remembers where you were last so that feature is kinda redundant.

There are still 10 pages to go through for the various toggles as opposed to having them all with one swipe. Sb settings is the only thing I am that fussed about TBH. I'm sure Apple will do it eventually.

Bumder With A Buffer
Richy is confuzzled (not hard)

Can you update to 4.0 (official) and then use spirit to JB or is it easier using the snowbreeze way??

Iceberg Ph1
Little update as I feel this thread has been neglected recently :rasp:

Anyways as in Terms of Jailbreak for the iPhone (all versions) /iPod Touch (all version) running Firmware 3.1.3 or below and iPad 3.2, the current and most popular Jailbreak out there at the moment is Spirit (Google will show you the way) This is an untethered Jailbreak and works perfectly.

Now that iOS4 has hit the market, no current jailbreak is available for the iPhone 3GS (except for older BootRom) and iPhone 4.

Comex, the creator of Spirit has recently announced that he has a newer version upcoming pretty soon to enable Jailbreak once again on all iDevices running iOS4..

Many people may have heard of MuscleNerd and PlanetBeing, these guys are pretty much guru's of the iPhone scene, and as of yesterday have created the worlds first Unlock for the iPhone 4 and iOS4 (important if you fancy using another Sim in your phones) BIG new for many people, again, this is not being released as if yet, they are working on clearing up the code etc, so hang tight.

Now, on a down note:

Apple has also released as of last night the SDK Version of iOS4.1 (To tackle the issues of reception etc, which people have already said, does not work!) for developers to get their apps up and running on this new update, which basically means, the newer iOS4.1 will be issued via iTunes any day now, which in turn means Apple will no longer being signing Firmware older then iOS4.1 (So you will only be able to Upgrade to iOS4.1)

Due to this update, the Jailbreak by Comex which is coming soon will probably not work, so everyone is urged to save there SHSHs Blobs of there iPhones NOW (Google 'TinyUmbrella') so that if you accidentally update you can always roll back your firmware (iPhone 4 users), or unless like me, with a 3Gs who is still running on 3.1.3, 4.1 will be released before the Jailbreak will be, which means I won't be able to upgrade to 4.0, only 4.1 (I have my SHSHs saved for iOS4, so I will be fine)

I hope this kinda makes sense, Any question just post up and I will try and answer, for now, just hold tight, I realise I have left out a lot of info about older iPhones and iPod touches, but this is because there is COUNTLESS information about jailbreaks etc available on the net, using such Jailbreak tools like, Pwnage Tool 4.01 (Mac) and RedSn0W (Window) (Google is your friend)

For reference I am always logged onto this website >> http://www.iclarified.com/ (go here also if your looking for any more info on Jailbreaks etc, even guides and such)

Darren

Last edited:
wish they would hurry up with an unlock for the 3gs on os 4.0 with new bootrom. my replacement iphone has been a paper weight for 3 weeks now :-(

none, just walk
i need to downgrade my iphone 3g from 4.0 to 3.1.3 due to speed issues, i bought the phone like that (jb) and i dont have a program downloaded to jailbreak, how can i downgrade on the 3g and what program do i use to keep it jailbroken and unlocked?
all the guides online show how to upgrade but not downgrade if bought like that?

Interview with the cydia creator about the new jailbrake coming soon:

[youtube]LDj_Q2HuhPw[/youtube]

Seems its just a cause of cleaning it all up now according to the teams latest tweets:

Planetbeing: We’re gonna be able to give you an unlock with the jailbreak.

Planetbeing: It will probably be the usual thing where you jailbreak and then install ultrasn0w from Cydia.

MuscleNerd: @Gangstatyzz hmm just staying the unlock is ready now, for whenever the public JB is done + debugged + packaged