ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Bus w**ker
I can't be bothered to upgrade to it, offers nothing to me so it's not worth the hassle; plus 4.3.3 is rumoured to be out shortly.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i tried jail breaking mine today and it isnt accepting different network sims have i done something wrong? or is there more i need to do?

Cupra
A jailbreak isn't an unlock. Head over to iclarified to see if you are able to unlock your model of phone on the firmware.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
ok had a look went onto the unlock wizard and im running 04.10.01 and it aint on the list does this mean it cant be unlocked? and will it ever be able to?

Bus w**ker
Have you tried ringing your provider? o2 unlocked my 4 for me free of charge and I was only about 8 months in to an 18 month contract.

Bus w**ker
Voda subsidise the phones, as far as I'm aware they won't allow it to be unlocked until it's out of contract as it offers them no financial incentive. However, if your mate still has the contact - I'm guessing he does if it's still in contract - then he could ring up Voda and ask. They may offer to do it free of charge if he mentions that he is going abroad for a month or some b****cks or that o2 offer this service for their customers with iPhones. They may do it for a fee. Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr they might just tell him to f**k off.

If that fails, you need to find out what version of iOS and what baseband it's running.

What exactly have you tried to do so far? What have you used? But try what Sy said first. It's much better to have it unlocked by the network.

Bus w**ker
He's on 4.10.01, no idea about iOS but I'd assume 4.3.x, so he's no chance unless one of the unlockers suddenly release a new unlock tool or he can downgrade his BB to an earlier version...which I don't even know if it's possible to do and tbh wouldn't expect him to be able able to manage even if it were.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
as sym0n said 04.10.01 the more i read up the more i learn it seems a unlock hasnt be done for this baseband im on 4.3.2 ive contacted my mate and hes not replied hes at work so cant phone vodafone.

whats the deal with the ones you pay for? seen a few for 20 quid and they say they unlock everything is that the case?

Bus w**ker
I'd guess at scams.

There were some IMEI unlocks available for about £180 but they've all be taken offline recently.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
so without contacting the provider its a case of waiting for the right unlock thingy to become available?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Vodafone don't unlock iPhones far as I'm aware, just purchase a Gevey sim and use that to unlock. They work a treat, don't require JB or anything.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
We do, but the guy who has it on contract would need to call us so we can arrange it.

Cheeky b******s instore told my other half they wouldn't unlock so we got her contract elsewhere as she needs a US sim in the phone sometimes. Not to worry now I guess but still, guess they didnt want the hassle?

Bus w**ker
what firmware do i need to download for redsn0w to work =s

Depends on the version of redsn0w you're wanting to use, but for simplicity I'll assume you've got the latest rc14 or whatever. So you'll need to update your phone to iOS 4.3.2 (currently the latest version available).

Clio 1.6 16v
I updated to the 4.3.2 and i downloaded the latest redsn0w, but i havn't a clue where the firmware is on my laptop or if it would even be on it lol.
So im currently downloading it off a website, unless someone knows where it'll be on my laptop? :)
Windows 7 btw.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I had a problem re-installing purchased apps from cydia but seems that it could be down to a fault with Amazon according to the big red box on cydia homepage!

BTW, for anyone who wants a great backup app, get PKGbackup. It saves all your packages/themes/apps as a contact and upon reinstallation you just download pkgbackup again, click restore and all your apps are loaded back onto the phone. simples

Bus w**ker
i managed to search youtube last night and done it lol.
but instalous keeps crashing =[

Tried a hard reset/respring?
I had a problem re-installing purchased apps from cydia but seems that it could be down to a fault with Amazon according to the big red box on cydia homepage!

BTW, for anyone who wants a great backup app, get PKGbackup. It saves all your packages/themes/apps as a contact and upon reinstallation you just download pkgbackup again, click restore and all your apps are loaded back onto the phone. simples
Yeah EC2 being fucked has messed up Cydia for days now and some other big name sites too.

+1 for PKGBackup, great app for very little money and saves a hellalot of messing about come upgrade time.

Civic Vtec y0
So I have a iphone 3 on o2 that I need unlocked, is it as easy as getting a payg sim, £20 credit on it and pay the £15? or is there a free way? Have looked online but cant see anything

Bus w**ker
Network unlock is permanent and the easiest way. But depending on your baseband, which I doubt will be an issue on a 3, you could probably jailbreak and unlock.

Mk2 Golf GTI
What themes are you all using?

Black UPS HD is my favourite. Nice and simple with some cool icons.

web.png

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just trying to Jailbreak my 3G (Again). I had problems with the last Jailbreak because the Data Connection stopped working, now Upgraded and jailbroken using RedSn0w to 4.2.1 (8C148).

After installing Ultrasn0w, the unlock doesn't work. I just either get "Searching..." for ages or "No Service".

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
f**king FORUM, double post.

Oh and Pwnage tool doesn't work. Every firmware I give it, I get a stupid error.

Question for y'all. With Jailbreaking, will it slow my iPhone 4 down? It did on my 3GS and thats what worries me. Also is it really worth it and what can you do now that you couldn't on the 3GS?

Bus w**ker
I've not noticed any slow down on my 4 since jailbreaking it. Is it really worth it...depends on your reason so doing it. There are certain JB apps that I personally can't live without, mostly things that I think should already exist in iOS as standard or that I should have the option to decide for myself if it's on or not. No idea about the difference between the 3GS or 4 following jailbreak...but I'm still going to say the answer is lots.