ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just been to halfords

MK1 16v
as above i went to get some stuff for my valver so i can give it a good service, i bought

Oil filter
air filter
fuel filter
spark plugs
dizzy cap
rotor arm
rear wiper
front + rear pads
front discs
coolant
haynes manual

with my trade card £108 without the trade card £210 so if you a mechanic, technician motor vehicle student go to halfords and get a trade card with you imi card or ata card cus its saved me loads of money.
just cant wait till ive done it all now it will feel brand new:D

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
i always use mine at halfrauds, me and my mates use it all the time, prob saved the best part of 500notes between us and thats just on basic service items

Black 172 FF
I have one also well worth it! Some stuff is 50% off... often if you ask them to order stuff in its even cheaper.. if you ask for a bosch battery they are cheaper than halfords ones!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If i work in the motor trade, can i get one? Even though i'm not a mechanic??

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I'd rather tell people to boycott Halfrauds in the hope that they go under. But that's just my personal opinion.

Good job on the savings though.

RenaultSport 172.
indeed....the trade card is mint..bulbs work out at like 46p! haha. ...even better that my staff discount!

I'd rather tell people to boycott Halfrauds in the hope that they go under. But that's just my personal opinion.
mm so people like me and many other people loose their jobs. nice one JACKASS.

Black 172 FF
indeed....the trade card is mint..bulbs work out at like 46p! haha. ...even better that my staff discount!

Tut tut thats naughty taking staff discount on trade its printed in the rules in big letters lol no staff discount with trade one or the other :rasp:

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One

think he meant its better than his staff discount, not using it aswell as trade?!

You get trade discount on all parts i.e brakes, filters etc. basically anything other than ICE, cleaning products, camping, bikes etc.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Nothing Jackass about it son. The comment wasn't directed at you and wasn't a personal slight and I would never wish redundancy upon anyone.

However, 95% of comments/posts made about Halfrauds (it's all in the name) are on a negative slant.

My local Halfrauds/Ripspeed employs the most accomplished retards in the land. The customer service is non-existant, the knowledge gap is larger than the grand canyon and my local, family owned motor factors runs rings around them in terms of cost, service and product holding, all in a building 1/4 of the size.

Megane
Well look at my side, my Halfords has 6 of my very close friends employed which are all students and car enthusiasts who love their jobs. :S

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Well look at my side, my Halfords has 6 of my very close friends employed which are all students and car enthusiasts who love their jobs. :S
Maybe my local needs to be stripped of its franchise then. They must do something right as they wouldn't having grown to the size they have. My local must be a particularly cr@p one.

Megane
well on the other hand the one in the town is shockingly bad, workers might as well bring sleeping bags to work.

RenaultSport 172.
Nothing Jackass about it son. The comment wasn't directed at you and wasn't a personal slight and I would never wish redundancy upon anyone.

However, 95% of comments/posts made about Halfrauds (it's all in the name) are on a negative slant.

My local Halfrauds/Ripspeed employs the most accomplished retards in the land. The customer service is non-existant, the knowledge gap is larger than the grand canyon and my local, family owned motor factors runs rings around them in terms of cost, service and product holding, all in a building 1/4 of the size.

some halfords...well if i were to say 6/7 are run by complete yetis who havent got a clue what theyre talking about...then you have the remaning 4 stores that knowing everything 100% and customer service is no1.key priority.

this sounds harsh, but it works out for the best. take example my bikehut. the team leader, said when i started 3 years ago in my interview ...basically, f**k what grades you got. (even though they were excellent!) ...you getting an A in art isnt going to help you serve customers and provide you with all the knowledge on servicing and building a cycle. what do you know.....my store will only employee you if you know your shizz! ...

Some people may see it as unfare and the likes...but it proves to be a good techique to get a successful store. Were no.1 in our area ....as usual ;p lol!

Clio 1.4 16v
Maybe my local needs to be stripped of its franchise then. They must do something right as they wouldn't having grown to the size they have. My local must be a particularly cr@p one.

i used to work at halfords and i was one of the helpful ones as i wanted to work there

you have to remember most people there dont want to work there, most are part time guys who want some money

if youd of come to our one, youd of been helped

been gone from there a long time now though :rasp:

RenaultSport 172.
rage, do you work with mat phelan and warren edwards?
fraid i dont mate...what store are they from?

im from 820...cannock...longford island retail park