ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought my first machine polisher at last

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Been busting my balls for ages detailing by hand , so i thought i have a go with a machine:D

I have just ordered the Kestrel DAS-6 with
Meguiar's Speed Glaze #80
Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner/Polish #83
5" Backing plate
Meguiars Softbuff 6.5" Cutting Pad
Meguiars Softbuff 6.5" Polishing Pad
Meguiars Softbuff 6.5" Finishing Pad
3M 3434 masking tapes
3.5" DA spot Backing plate
Sonus 4" SFX-1 spot pad
Sonus 4" SFX-2 spot pad
Sonus 4" SFX-3 spot pad

And i cant bloody wait to have a go at the cars!

2008 Albi 197
Hope this is a good one, bought one myself earlier today but with poorboys stuff - looks like its machine polishing time!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Well it turned up this morning ,very happy man!

kestrelkitnw3.jpg

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Not bad, let me know how you get on with it, quite interested in getting myself one.

Ditto!

I want to know if it's worth the price tag and then look into if it's possible to do a bit of detailing on the side to friends and families cars to pay for itself.

*strokes chin*

Would you still apply a wax like Collinite 476S by hand and buff off by hand?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
good luck with it mate.

requires alot of patience and luck with the weather! (unless you have a garage!)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
once you have worked ther polish in enough by machine there should be hardly nothing left of it. just use a microfibre to wipe off any spots of residue that may be still on the paint.

C

clvs2222

only just seen this thread garry. really wouldnt of recommended the megs polishes. i used them for a bit, didnt like the way the worked down. iv just ordered my 2nd silverline (dropped the first), cant fault them tbh. especially at less than £50

tbh, your car is mint, so cant see why you would use anything but the finishing pads and polish. dont is to agressive pad/polish combination as you will actually put swirls into the paint.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
only just seen this thread garry. really wouldnt of recommended the megs polishes. i used them for a bit, didnt like the way the worked down. iv just ordered my 2nd silverline (dropped the first), cant fault them tbh. especially at less than £50

tbh, your car is mint, so cant see why you would use anything but the finishing pads and polish. dont is to agressive pad/polish combination as you will actually put swirls into the paint.

Its pretty swirled up to be honest Chris under halogen, i always use fillers on it so hides quite a bit, I would like to get it perfect , got all the pads as i plan to do a bit on the side for family members, When i'm 100% with my work I'll take some of your clients ;) PS I'll use the lightest combo on the 182.

After claying
zzzao4.jpg

Good s**t :)

I'd highly recommend reading Dave KG's DA guide on detailing world. Then read it again. And again. Then you should be good to go :)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Good s**t :)

I'd highly recommend reading Dave KG's DA guide on detailing world. Then read it again. And again. Then you should be good to go :)

Read it about 5 times before i even bought it, been on meguairs world on youtube to, very good demos on there.

C

clvs2222

agree the videos from the meguairs academy are very good.

you'll soon get bored of the DA and want a rotary. rotary is so much easier to work with.

stealing my clients! yea right! :p

2008 Albi 197
Used mine today for the first time, first time I ever picked up one of these things to and I'm very impressed with how easy and effective it is.

Got rid a lot of the scuffs and more noticable swirls, and we only used Poorboys SSR1 which is ever so slightly up from a normal hand polish, so probably would have seen even better results with a more cutting polish.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Buff off by hand too? Or can you get a pad that can do it for you?

You can get finesse pads which don't have any cut rating and are designed for applying sealant and wax. Lake Country do them available from CleanYourCar. And buffing bonnets which fit over your pads are designed for taking off said products.