ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just for Confirmation! 18’s on 16v 60mm

Probably been answered a million times before, but I want 18s on my valver, currently I am running 16s with what looks like a 60mm drop (Already done when bought the car!) am I going to have to highten it to fit some 18s under or do you reckon they might squeeze under?

Cheers Marcus

BMW 320d Sport

You can indeed have 18s on your valver. But if it genuinely is a 60mm drop youll be chopping a hell of a lot of your wing out to get the wheels to even turn. On a 35mm drop I had to take quite a lot out of the arches so 60mm would be a real mission. And thats only on the absolutely narrowest tyre a 215/35/18. God help you if you go wider than 215 or taller than 35% profile. The top of the tyre is about 4 mm off the bottom of the spring platform.

If you wanna do the job properly, Id say get some coilovers first, then you can run the height you want once the wheels are in, try different settings until you get the best combination. Just off the top of my head, at standard ride height you could put 18s in and just take the sh*tguards out. Anywhere up to a 40mm drop will need arch work without a doubt. More than that is gonna be a challenge. The rear is actually not that bad though, there seems to be plenty of room and a 35mm drop at the back seems to still leave plenty of room. I keep my dampers on their hardest settings though and never have people in the back.

Cheers Nick thought you might look in!! I just cannot decide whether to go for 18s or 17s as I am going for the full jap-styling and smoothing did not want to make the wrong wheel choice!! So you reckon the backs should be OK just sorting out the front wings will be the problem, do you reckon its worth going to r-tec or somewhere like that and see what they reccomend?