ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just ordered a 197

ordered a 197 this week and can"t wait, got to though currently end of sept early oct

ultra red with tinted windows , climate control

took a demo out last monday for a good thrash on a private road mind and give it sum up to 120 mph on the twistys and it was superb , miss the rush from 5000-7000rpm though.

i think the car looks the dogs and the finish and quality seem alot better. i was unsure about the seats when browsing but once you are sitting and driving in them they where superb.

also really liked the chunky steering wheel and the brakes where ace but you need a firmer foot on them than in the 182 but when they bite they really work well, braked hard from 100mph and stopped in no time with no problems. not much torque steer either if i remember and the ride was (dare i say it like a new vw gti)
steering was light but very precise and the handling was great you could really throw it into bends with a lot of confidence and grip.
took a black one out but as much as i like black(own a black sports bike) i wasn"t sure of it on the clio.
in the sun i could see marks all over it which ruined the effect slighty.
my favourite bit is standing back and looking at the arse end , would perhaps like to have seen more of the exhausts but can understand why they have done it.
the front also has a nice stance with the bulging wings and vents.
all in all i am over the moon as you can see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i'm considering a 225 with full leather recaros after going to the motorshow today. 197 is too much £££ IMO.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Hope you enjoy it mate :) Not for me though , i'll be sticking with the 182 for a while longer .

Tangoed Works
^^^ Yep just do it, I did the same when I took my 182 out for a test drive, the sales assistant was holding her breath and saying nothing!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
slider how much did you pay? any discounts?

Agree with gareth though. That 225 was great eh bud. Loved the seats

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
sure was, I've just specced one exactly the same, black, uk car with navigation online for £17,249! The one at the motorshow was £20920 without navi.

Gareth said:
sure was, I've just specced one exactly the same, black, uk car with navigation online for £17,249! The one at the motorshow was £20920 without navi.

BMNC should be able to do you a fully loaded UK 225 with leather and Cup packs for around £15.5k

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
that is BMNC Roy?

* edit * just realised actually I am assuming the options cost the same from them, guess they dont?

Last edited:
Gareth said:
that is BMNC Roy?

* edit * just realised actually I am assuming the options cost the same from them, guess they dont?

I'm just enquiring about option prices dude. But their 225Cup price of £13,999 is nothing short of stunning.