ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered some B&W CM1s in Gloss Black, can't wait!

2014 Focus Titanium
I have just ordered some beautiful B&W CM1 speakers in gloss black with black stands from The Audio Room in Hull (excellent service!), and I can't wait to get them later this week!

I currently have a Denon AVR-1912 with Wharfedale Diamon 9.1s (plus Wharfedale Powercube SPC-10 sub, Wharfedale CS centre and Onkyo satellite rears) so I am looking for a really good improvement for music listening with these new beauties!

I am going to be bi-amping these obviously, can anyone recommend me some decent speaker wire as I'm currently running pretty standard stuff. I did want to look at a stereo amp too but my 1912 doesn't have pre-outs which is frustrating. I'll have to wait until I have more pennies and buy a new AVR & stereo amp at a later date, I hope my 1912 will do a good enough job in the meantime?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice little speakers. My brother has CM8's, the finish and sound is superb! I use QED silver anniversary with my Denon amp and B&W mains and center with QED micro for the surrounds and they seem like a good combo to me.
Not the cheapest but once bought you shouldn't need to replace them again but make them a little longer than you need right now incase you change things around...

2014 Focus Titanium
Great advice mate I'll look into that! I'v paid £750 for these including stands but was really stretching the budget otherwise I'd have paid the extra £500 for the CM8 because they are sweet!

2014 Focus Titanium
Well I received these on Wednesday and are absolutely over the moon with them. Two things have happened since I got them: I'm now able to listen to music in Direct mode, with my old Wharfedales I always felt they needed a sub to accompany them; and also I can now tell the difference sonically between 320kbps MP3s and FLAC, again with my Wharfedales (which are a damn good speaker for the money) I played 320kbps vs FLAC back-to-back and my ears couldn't tell the difference, now it's very noticeable. Quite astonishing really.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed the bitrate thing when I went from my Tannoys to my B&W's. I was shocked at the difference, Listening to music was a revelation...
Which speaker cable did you go for in the end?

2014 Focus Titanium
Ahem, still using old stuff at the moment as I haven't got round to ordering any :S Looking at some QED Micro I think, but also wondering about waiting a month and getting some more expensive stuff!