ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just read Top Gear Magazine....

Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 05 April 2005

Its not out the box quick though like an rs clio. Why not just buy an rs clio instead of a crap ford that needs so much remedied to make it decent. You also have a warranty with an rs clio so its a safer bet than a modded fiesta at the mercy of a dreaded fraud stealer.
New Fords are better made than BMW, so cant see it having too much trouble from Reno as regards build quality. Its also not designed to be as fast out the box as the RS Clio, because lets be completely realistic here gents, if Ford wanted to make a FAST hot hatch to blow the Clio away... they could quite easily do so. Depends what target audience you market your cars at. 182 are aimed at younger drivers that want to go as fast for as cheap as possible and still have a warrenty.

My last car was a Zetec-S fiesta and its build quality is better than a newer Reno, its wasnt particularly fast, but the handling and whole feel of the car was great. Its not as quick as most cars in its class Id bet, but it serves its purpose as an insurance friendly warm hatch, with handling that puts a lot of cars to shame.

Out of curiosity I test drove the ST after i bought my 182. The ST simply doesnt come close to the 182. The only thing that impressed me were the brakes and i spose it cornered pretty well. I used to have an XR2i and that was loads better to drive than the ST.

Ive never seen one on the road so they obviously arent selling to well?