ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec brakes

fitted the fastroad drilled discs and pads to my motor on saturday, am still bedding them in (done 200miles since sat:eek:!). the only slight niggle is that i can hear them when they are applied - not a squeaking, but more of a "ssshhh" sound. it is noticeable, just wondering if this is normal until you wear them slightly?

degreased the discs before fitting, made sure i didnt get any copper grease on the disc or pad mating surface, is there something else?!

Williams 2, STi N12

Modern day brakes shouldnt need bedding in. The sound may be because they are drilled and it is the effect the holes are having on the pads. If you are still stopping OK then it shouldnt be a major problem.

Theres been a couple of threads about squeaky brakes over the last week or so if you do a search. One was by Dash, the other by Tomclio

Ive got the K-tec discs to front and rear, when i break hard, i get that weird sound, its just because the discs are drilled

gotcha - rob, they aint squeaking. yeah, hadnt thought that the sound would be down to the drills.

will get some photos up, lookin pretty good ;)