ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec mounts

Clio 172 PH2 (Y Reg)
Just bought myself some of these, got the upper engine gearbox and lower gearbox mount, Group N Boom!

Hopefully the 172 wont shake my fillings out when I set off from now on!

I cant wait to get them fitted, will keep you all posted!!

Pics to follow!

Clio 172 MK2
you have the standard upper mounts? do the same thing as i said for the uprated items, slacken it all and re-tighten (dont have to remove the bolts, just undo them a couple of turns.

It may just be that your upper mounts are worn out though
Well, i've looked at the dogbone mount today, it's fitted exactly as it should be, as for the other 3 mounts, 2 of them are new, the only one which is older (2 years) is the upper left one.
Btw, all the shaking and trembling are appearing only at neutral rpm (700 circa). however the car is a bit noisier while driving at high speed...

Clio 172 PH2 (Y Reg)
Just to clarify mate. Have you got these:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2471

Or these mounts?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2655

Also your dog bone is the twisted type yeah ?

If your talking to me, I have gone for the uprated ones and yes mine is the twisted type.

Cant wait to get them on as it feels like I would get more support from my current mounts if they were mate out of haribo!

haribo_2.jpg

Ph1
Sorry matey i was meaning shakey dogbone mount poster number 82 haha

They seem good like. Just make sure the engine mount (engine side) sits right in the middle of the Ktec mount bolt as Danny said so as not to cause any unnecessary vibration.

I managed 120k on original stock mounts and never knocked once. Only replaced for a upgrade. Must be the only user on here who's never had a problem with them lol

Clio 172 MK2
Just to clarify mate. Have you got these:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2471

Or these mounts?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2655

Also your dog bone is the twisted type yeah ?

Iv got the uprated Ktec engine mount and gearbox mount but not the dogbone and it vibrates but not bad at all.
Wouldnt have thought a dogbone mount would be capable of shaking the car ''badly'' with stock Renault mounts.
Ive got num 2+3 from those :http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2471
and PF dogbone bushes. the upper front left one is an original (2 years old).

Toyota Corolla
Just spent 1 1/2 hours trying to undo the centre nut of the upper gearbox mount.
Each time I turned the spanner the rubber moves :mad: How do you stop the rubber moving?
Even if I could hold the rubber from moving would the centre bolt move, do I need to stop that from moving to?
Cheers :D

53 Clio's & counting
Just spent 1 1/2 hours trying to undo the centre nut of the upper gearbox mount.
Each time I turned the spanner the rubber moves :mad: How do you stop the rubber moving?
Even if I could hold the rubber from moving would the centre bolt move, do I need to stop that from moving to?
Cheers :D

You will have a trouble doing it mate, i used an air gun to shock it off, i have undone one by using a pair of pipe grips though

Tav

Clio 197
I fitted these a while ago and whilst it's improved gear change there's still the occasional shunt from the drive train. The rattles are interesting...the silver strip in the dashboard loves getting resonant at 3000RPM now as do various things inside the doors.

Increased engine noise is lovely though, just for me, so no worries about sounding anti-social from outside the car.

Toyota Corolla
Cheers for the advice guys! I'll have a root around in the shed for something to grip the mount with. Was thinking about drilling a couple of holes through the metal on the top of the rubber mount, then put a bit of metal in to it to hold on to!
I did try some mole grips yesterday but they just kept slipping, not wide enough.

Toyota Corolla
Good news! After a few hours of swearing, and with some help from my brother, I managed to remove the old upper gear box mount! Fitting the new one took some time to, trying to get a spanner in the gap in between the gearbox and the mount was a right pain.
Upper engine mount though, very easy!

And now for Top Gear, crisps ans beer! :approve:

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Good news! After a few hours of swearing, and with some help from my brother, I managed to remove the old upper gear box mount! Fitting the new one took some time to, trying to get a spanner in the gap in between the gearbox and the mount was a right pain.
Upper engine mount though, very easy!

And now for Top Gear, crisps ans beer! :approve:

How did you get the spanner in the gap? I found it easier to come from underneath through passenger side wheel arch.

Toyota Corolla
How did you get the spanner in the gap? I found it easier to come from underneath through passenger side wheel arch.
With a lot of fiddling and shere luck! :D
I didn't think you could get to it from the wheel arch, sounds like an easier was to access it... but as is the case with me I seem to pick the most difficult way of doing things! Especially if I'd have found that bolt head before trying to clamp the mount to undo it. :dapprove: