ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

M

mini-valver

Ben has designed everything he's built as far as I know, as well as design JR's plenum. This is not a GDI vs Angelworks thread so please don't make it into one.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
That's it, no more bickering about who makes what etc etc.

Any more comments like this and the thread's locked as I'm getting fed up of complaints left right and centre from various parties not agreeing to things that are said here.

M

mini-valver

Thank you.... As I said above, this is not a war thread! let's just stick to what's what.....

titanic killer
Thank you.... As I said above, this is not a war thread! let's just stick to what's what.....
Couldnt agree more as a car nut myself i want to read about people doing things to there cars,not about who the best tuners are and why others arnt
keep the updates coming mini valver:D

M

mini-valver

The engine is at the fabricators having the plenum re-made as I changed my mind and opted for after market management/cable throttle so the original FBW mount has been cut off so a 4 bolt cable set-up can be fabbed up!

I've got the pedal, throttle body all here ready to take down to Ben when he's open again so i'll probably take some pictures of the stuff waiting to go on the car in the next few days! Hopefully it'll re-surface mid-end of january! Can't wait :D

Thanks to DJW John and Danlp6 for the pedal and TB too!!
£35 for a new throttle position sensor though.....At least Dick Turpin wore a mask! lol......

Can't wait for this Davey, So hope it's ready for end of Jan! Been a hella wait lol

....Also, Going to Domino's in the Domino FTfW!!

Chocolate Bar™
lol^

get your name down for the northwest meet, that'll give you an incentive to make sure its done ;)

M

mini-valver

Haven't updated this for a while! Not much to be said on the engine front TBH, the VEMS, loom and wideband control is on it's way so should be here next week! I've cleaned up my 172 Throttle body and collected all the bits ready to go on the car when it's back so thought I'd post some pics.

The plenum has been re-made as it was a little boxy so management, mapping and were ready to roll!

DSCF0047.jpg

The dampers were from Middo's car, they only had a couple of months use and cleaned up nice....

DSCF0046.jpg

Braided lines to go on aswell as some Greenstuffs. I'll replace the discs when they need doing, plenty left on them yet.....

DSCF0045.jpg

RS look pedals from Turner on here, riveted to a cable operated pedal and the freshly cleaned TB and TPS.

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

These are going on custom frames from Foxy and I'll be using Sparco 3 points on a strutbrace from Russ@Gasperformance that I'll bolt to each wheel well!

Update again when the VEMS arrives.....

titanic killer
Nice to see more updates mate,keep em coming
Really liking those seats,if it wasnt for having to stick the baby in the back i think id like some proper buckets

M

mini-valver

^^I knew that would come up ;)

Its high enough up not to worry me TBH. I'm not putting it on the upper belt mounts as it looks pish!

Its not (just) the position that you are gonna get flamed for, its the fact you are mounting to a strut brace. I presume its an OMP type strut brace?

M

mini-valver

No no! Its a custom bolt through each wheel arch job, not onto the damper tops mate. It will be PLENTY strong enough, it's 3" thick!

M

mini-valver

Lol, indeed! He's right if it's down at the bottom belt points but as my seats are stupid low on the custom frames, the height if this will compensate at give a more horizontal angle..............I hope ;)

M

mini-valver

I'm not planning too either TBH! Got a cup spoiler to go on too but I'm going to sell it ion favour of a carbon bonnet from Has.....

presume thats the bonnet that was on his monaco blue/carbon beast? Was a really nice one iirc.

This thread makes me miss my clio :(

M

mini-valver

Yeah that's the one, fits properly and it's Has' so is mint.

Me too funnily enough, lol!! You going to be coming back to the fold?

That remains to be seen. Currently I very much want to get rid of my car, infact, if I didnt need my NCB it would probably get stolen, and/or written off as I am not in a possition to get rid of it. I am just starting a new job so if all goes well in 6 months time when my probationary period is over then I will get something Hot and French and New.

Not much to be said on the engine front TBH, the VEMS, loom and wideband control is on it's way so should be here next week!

why weren't all the parts ordered in before work was started? Sounds like an excuse for more delays.

seats and stuff look great though, look comfier that some of the ones on display at AutoSport

M

mini-valver

I wanted the standalone later into the project and went through VEMS direct as I got a better price. The delay on the unit was because I don't have a VISA card and had a mare using my Mrs' as the bank kept stopping the transaction. All sorted now though and it's on it's way from Hungary!

Aye, the seats are awesome!

Cheers Sambo......

M

mini-valver

I'd much rather buy an ECU brand new...........Peace of mind and all that!

nice load of waiting parts lol.........you want those adjusters and platforms? no idea how much they are worth tho lol....

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I wanted the standalone later into the project and went through VEMS direct as I got a better price. The delay on the unit was because I don't have a VISA card and had a mare using my Mrs' as the bank kept stopping the transaction. All sorted now though and it's on it's way from Hungary!

Aye, the seats are awesome!

Cheers Sambo......

mine is due soon (when i pay for it LOL)

got 760cc injectors now too :D

looking good btw

M

mini-valver

If you have'nt got a Visa or Mastercard, it's a f**king nightmare, lol.

Wideband control FTW. None of this knock sensor tweaking crap ;)

M

mini-valver

Spoke to Rob about it? I had the same problem 1 in 20 have apparently, pmsl.