ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

Evo 6, E92 320d
I can't wait to see the finished results, mainly because i'm a nosey b@stard lol. This kind of delay etc is common knowledge to me as a few mates who have had work done at other tuners never had things right straight from the off. Eg my mates RX-7 had a single turbo conversion, 1st time the turbo was wrong, next it kept loosing pressure and its back at the garage now i think, this is work that has been going on for over a year aswell sadly.

TBF though, he has added bits on to the initial job.

Everyone slating AWT & b**ching isn't really gonna help promote a work ethic is it? ... I'm sure the situation is all under control.

Honest question here, but what the total time on a cambelt, service, cam fitment, loom and ECU fit and map? Work is charged by the hour most places, as time is logged against jobs.

Don't really understand what your point is regarding worth ethic, makes no sense, but here's food for thought.

Hourly labour rate £55 (example)

Time required - 30 hours? okay, lets go wild. 50 hours.

50 hours labour at £55 per hour is £2750

So, 7 hours working day average (£385 per day)

5 day working week (£1925 per week)

52 weeks in a year

Dave owes him £100k

clio 200 F4Rt
I just don't think everyone jumping on the 'Ben R is a lazy sod' bandwagon is going to help the work get done any faster-publically slating him while he's still got the car is hardly encouragement to finish.

Encouragement to finish... why would he need encouragement??

Trying to finish a project for a paying customer should be encouragement enough.

There is no way i would have stood for it. Personally, i have taken a bog standard FF 172 and turned it into a Time Attack track car in around 4 months. Using 2 different companies for major labour work, and about 10 for different parts. None of them let me down. (which companies is irrelevant by the way).

And the fact that Mini-Valver (sorry dont know your name) is on the verge of giving up on the whole project is proof enough he is being mugged off.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
ok ok you win ill shut up;)...............................hes still a pish take tho:rasp:

peice

love you! lol.

[

Don't really understand what your point is regarding worth ethic, makes no sense, but here's food for thought.
I can see what you're saying yeah... & I'm not trying to say that AWT have taken excess time in the job beyond what I'd consider acceptable delays but the point I was trying to make was if his reputation as a tuner isn't enough to make him want to work hard & finish things, then comments like 'work shy lazy so and so' aren't really gonna help. Just my opinion of course :)

Encouragement to finish... why would he need encouragement??

Trying to finish a project for a paying customer should be encouragement enough.

There is no way i would have stood for it.

I'm not defending AWT and Ben in anyway whatsoever, in fact, if I was M-V I'd have gone & got the car & taken it somewhere else to be finished. I'm not arguing the point that its okay that he's taken so long, because its not.

I'm just trying to make the point that yes, whilst finishing the job he's been paid to do should be all the drive he needs to do the work, its evidently not because the car is still there and I can't see how everyone jumping in with a slating is gonna help the situation.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i agree tbh, clearly he has no drive to finish this project and we probably shouldnt jepordise sp* daves project by putting ben off it even more (even if the statements do apear to be true) (wether he finishes the other one we know about is yet to be seen), i doubt he even comes on here anymore, cant remember the last time he posted other than that whole AT ITB fiasco.

M

mini-valver

Cheers for all the comments, completely agree with everything people have said. I've asked for the thread to be cleaned up and hopefully the car will be back soon, we'll see......

Hayley said:
I can see what you're saying yeah... & I'm not trying to say that AWT have taken excess time in the job beyond what I'd consider acceptable delays but the point I was trying to make was if his reputation as a tuner isn't enough to make him want to work hard & finish things, then comments like 'work shy lazy so and so' aren't really gonna help. Just my opinion of course :)

His reputation as a tuner isn't going to affect how hard he works, least it shouldn't do, he's running a business, gave a time scale and was paid up front.

TBH it's the same old trick used everytime to great effect:

Baffle people with techy nonsense on the forum, lure them in
Get cash up front
Promise huge gains
Mention all the work, parts profiles etc are custom design
Mention it's never been done, all custom again
Befriends customer
Frequent contact via phone and email
Slags other rivals off and creates doubt over others ability
Builds customer confidence in his abilities

Delays start...
Contact a little less frequent
Parts taking longer to supply due to custom profiles for everything
Parts supplier is on holiday, taking his time, cant be contacted etc etc etc
He's had an idea to improve something (may or may not involve more costs)
Parts and machine guys need to start over now
Expectations are then lowered
More time passes
Contact less frequent
Plays the friendship trump card to buy more time
Have to phone the workshop after 2ish before he's there
Car comes out with loads promised and makes average power
Something expensive then breaks
You find the parts are off the shelf non custom bits
You get angry and think what you could do with a large boot and gaffer tape

He's not lazy though, give the poor kid a couple more years and Dave can pay for it all...

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
FFS!!

I check this thread for news on Dave's project!! :race:

However, recent pages are nothing to do with the car!! :nono:

Please, guys, continue this discussion by all means, but on a non-car thread??

Fair point?? :eek:

M

mini-valver

Pick the car up next saturday, gives me a week to get it as good as I can for FCS. Canny wait!

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Looks like you got shotgun ;)

Nice one David, lets just hope Ben delivers....which I'm sure he will!

M

mini-valver

Had a right good chat with him last night and sorted out and problems and pissed off-ness (yes, its a word) so Im happy again, lol!

RS slaying should be fun :D

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Glad to hear the air has been cleared.

These things happen I guess. General car slaying will be fun TBH I would imagine....;)

hate to be the guy who was a massive honda fan (still is)

but pushing for 100brake/tonn with a froggy engine, i understand why, yes its a different route than swapping lumps and doing whats already been done. butt

be really different just stick a honda b16 engine in, 1.6 160bhp, prob cheaper and less work,( costom shafts, mounts and a lot of wiring issuses) and will prob be a lot more reliable to

M

mini-valver

If I was swapping lumps, a gutless B16 would be bottom of the list.

Kev drive his cup? It'll sit on the trailer for months! ;)
Cant wait to see yours mate, will be a missile!

Mondeo TDCI 130
If I was swapping lumps, a gutless B16 would be bottom of the list.

Kev drive his cup? It'll sit on the trailer for months! ;)
Cant wait to see yours mate, will be a missile!

Hopefully! You boys will have to have a drive!.....actually, dave can have a drive, i have seen what baggers is capable of!:rasp:

I have the polishing equipment in stock!!!!

there guttless, ill give you that

but anyone one on here been in a good teg or ek9 type r?? sorry but they'd play with most modded rs clio's ,

now whos gonna say why do i own one then??

M

mini-valver

Ive driven a DC2 and EP3, The teg was brilliant, hated the Civic. Again though, I wouldn't use a Honda lump if I was swapping lumps. I'd use a 1.8t VAG lump.

dc2's are amazing cars, no grunt, you have to ragged the tits off the poor thing, but thats what its build to do,

ep3 are, well grown up, ek9 are the older shape , trye r ones where import only, and they put tegs to shame, still to this day hold the best 0-60 for a front wheel drive car(standard), 5.8 i think.

few mates have had bad experince's with 1.8t, so if i could k20 honda lump(chain drive cams)