ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

hes probably still there trying to fit a seat or something....he text me saying hes struggling with the seat today....lol

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I got the same text Foxy lol...

I think someones sleeping in the Angelworks garage tonight :p

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
He was there till half one & was back on his way when I text him at half 8.. meh!

Not a happy Squidge by the sounds of it... :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
actually no lol, ive been chatting to dave about it and the amount of time money and effort that hes put into it id be pretty gutted for him, but well as far as AWT goes... lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Aye, no pressure! ;)

From what i've read on here, i don't think i'd ever "tune" a Renault, full-stop.

I'll stick to me filter, exhaust and decat thanks! ;)

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Ben should compensate him with a free car TBQFH :p

And Hayley stop being a catty b**ch to me...I was typing too fast ;)

as ive said before this sarger is an absolute f**king joke!!......get your car home Dave and don't pay a bean tbqfh

Evo 6, E92 320d
I think if Bloor posts the mangina and we all touch the pic and send our energy to him, like uri geller:)

Mondeo TDCI 130
The boys are doing good i think! Ben spoke to me yesterday, and i spoke to dave this morning!! Got everything crossed its back this weeekend for him!!

Gem

Racing Blue 182
He managed to send a quick text earlier...he seemed really pretty positive TBH.

(I'm sure he wont mind me giving an update....:eek:)

He's sorting pistons and suspension today, valves tomorrow. Seems optimistic for finishing it tomorrow. :)

But that was around 5pm so weather he's still there or not dunno. I'm sure he's getting bombarded with texts either way :p

Mondeo TDCI 130
He's on the way home!!!! We have had an update conversation! the VTS schlaag is chewing up the motorway miles!!

C'mon dave, get your ass on MSN!

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Nice one!

I was gonna text him again about half hour ago but the lads busy TBH :)

SBV116....calm down love....:p

Mondeo TDCI 130
Nice one!

I was gonna text him again about half hour ago but the lads busy TBH :)

SBV116....calm down love....:p

I am post whoring in here!! I want to see this toy, plus he has pics of mine aswell, from the angelworks waiting department! It's about time he was busy to be fair, he always seems to be pissing about!!:rasp:

340i
I am post whoring in here!! I want to see this toy, plus he has pics of mine aswell, from the angelworks waiting department! It's about time he was busy to be fair, he always seems to be pissing about!!:rasp:

aahhh saw your car when i went down on Monday.. BIG RED Brembo calipers??

Looks sweet man :cool:

M

mini-valver

Fuuuccckkkkkiiiinnngggg HELL!! LOL, I have zero luck ever.

Reet, went down thursday to fit some bits to make the car driveable and heloed Ben with the wiring. First off, fitted my seat and battery tray then when we connected everything nup bar coolant hoses etc, just enough to make it spin over. Nothing, starter had somehow earthed its solenoid to itself so after 3 hours of multi-metering we took that off and fixed it. Turned it over, started to make a rattle. Well, did a compression test----

1-zero compression
2-240 psi
3-zero comression
4-240 psi.

f**k.
Ben turned the engine over by hand first so the timing was right. We took the belt, and cam covers off, cams in the rigt way-check, took all the rockers off and 2 inlet valves were lower than the rest=bent.
Whipped the head off and confirmed they were tatored. Pistons were dinked too. Left at about 11-30 and went back this morning at 8-30.
Ben wanted to get a mm machined out of the pistons as valve pockets so the compression wasnt affected but so the valves had enough clearance as the heads had major work and the cams are obviously bigger than standard, nothing would suggest they "should" t**t the valves but better to do it than have to replace valves again.

Took them down to MASS where the guys machined some pockets, went back to AWT to re-fit the rings. A ring on cyclinder 1 was slightly bent and wouldn't spin freely on the piston, great. It must have been like that from factory as the ring is worn really weird. It was past half 5 so we'll order one tommorrow. So, thats the bottom end as far as we can go...

Took all the inlet valves out of the head, 2 are bent as feck, 6 are slightly bent, how thats happened I'll never know but hopefully the piston pockets will solve it!

Either way, the car has gone from on the brink of being completed to back to a pil;e of bits! So so glad we spotted the piston ring though as that would have been a disaster with some RPM!
None of this is a fault of his own and Ben's been brilliant in getting things sorted so please dont start to flame or judge. The engine looked amazing before we stripped it down and we're both confident it'll be back together for FCS, long nights next week though! Attention to detail on this is facing impressive...

Ah well, s**t happens.