ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

Chocolate Bar™
definetely seems to be making progress. i'll grab some proper pics when im able to get my grubby mits on it :approve:

M

mini-valver

I'm low on funds! I have an ICV now off a Vauxhall ecotec so Ben's sorting fittings and shiz his end for mapping. I've started the theme Im going for too with sprayed badges, Ill get pics when I get time as its pissing it down. I've given the plenum 2 mins with Autosol and its come up brilliant so that will have some time spent on it too.

Alot of things are money dependant ATM so I've been servicing stuff, stripped the brakes and cleaned/greased the sliders etc to get rid of the "twang" in the pedal. Now it seems to have a notch so I'll check the drums when it's dry. Middo has got a week off soon so he's gonna be getting busy with the G220 to see which bits of car I have to get sprayed ;)

M

mini-valver

I will dude as soon as I can fuel the fecker and its mapped! Im currently just running the filter from inside the Maxogen too, LOUD, lol!

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Nice to see the project ticking over, it's always easy to put things on hold when funds are unavailable. I am needing to get my ass in to gear with my exhaust, talking of keeping things ticking over :eek:

Pics of the tarless interior? Bet that was a thankless task :(

M

mini-valver

Tar was easy Gem, took about an hour to do it all. Took the airbag loom, airbag and ecu out aswell but I cant get the light to go off. Any ideas? I cut and crimped the loom under the dash an taped it up but without the ECU etc it should go out right?

Steve, Thats too much effort ;)

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Rogue relay, open circuit, somewhere?

Failing that, just take the bulb out the dash lol? Also, you got any of that white spirit left? (I don't want my boss to shout at me for stealing lol :p)

LY 182
nope the light stays on with the ecu removed, you'll need to either find the signal line that goes fromt the ecu to the instrument cluster, and earth it...

or take the cluster apart and stick tape over the bulb

M

mini-valver

Bulb out it is then. Gem, the loom is literally hacked off, then I used a crimp on each wire on the off chance I need to put it all back in again, Ill just crimp the other side back on, lol.

Yeah, still got loads of that white spirit! Spilt a bit in the car though so it stinks.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
For once I'm proud I've come up with a solution :eek:

Coolio....I'll pick it up at some point in the 8 weeks free I've got :p

Mondeo TDCI 130
For once I'm proud I've come up with a solution :eek:

Coolio....I'll pick it up at some point in the 8 weeks free I've got :p

Slacker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sort it out lad! i offered you a tenner!:cool: Mmmmmmm ten pounds worth of fuel, think about it!

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I've got used to the slacker comments TBH. Teachers do no work obviously....ever....;) Lol.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Lol, steady! There are many reasons why I'm a teacher...making children cry is not one of them :eek:

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to stop spammming Dave's thread.....:S

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Bah! Duck you're the instigator.....;)

Dave, you know it makes sense...get out there and get something done. Beer, pizza, tools. Job done.

M

mini-valver

About time I made some sort of update, lol. The car is going back down to Angelworks this week for mapping and to sort the ICV setup so haven't really done much as I wanna do it all when the car is finished (mostly bodywork related). I'm short of money ATM so have been doing little bits that are free ;)

I've been sorting a headlight feed all this week and I'm pretty happy with the reults. All I need to do is work out howto get a dual elemant bulb for main and dipped beam to work in the existing dipped beam place. Took a fair bit of cutting, filing and fiddling to get it to sit right too, should provide PLENTY of cold air for the filter now!!

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

I had to cut the trumpet to the shape of the light, took some doing with a junior hacksaw and a file but I got there.. Pics of it fitted tommorrow!!

ValverInBits
that is farking cool. But if im honest, I'm worried that you will never get the full beams working properly

M

mini-valver

I've got a few ideas, one of them is to try and cut another hole for te min beam bulb next to the dip beam, lol.

Anyone have an ideas of how the dual elemant bulbs are wired?

M

mini-valver

See what it looks like on the car tommorrow now the silicone is dry, hopefully will reduce inlet temps a fair bit too as its just an open filter behind the light ATM!