ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

M

mini-valver

It's easier for me to go to Uttoxeter, straight down the a50 onto the M1 then A14 down to the Kimbolton junction. M6 takes about 10-15 minutes more!

M

mini-valver

Didn't pick it up :(Cat still haven't delivered the cams, he's waiting on 4-5 sets!

Chocolate Bar™
6 sets to be precise ;)

i would say this wait is turning into somewhat of a piss take, but i said that 6months ago lmao.
it'll be worth it in the end .... and then you can take it all apart and install your cooper bottom end :approve:

6 sets to be precise ;)

i would say this wait is turning into somewhat of a piss take, but i said that 6months ago lmao.

this is what annoyed me about Ben, parts should have been in before the car. Very unprofessional to have order parts 6+ months in, sure there's a great reason though

M

mini-valver

I changed management and with that meant the FBW cams A) Wouldn't work B) Were no where near big enough ;)

1.6 16v
Man, i really loved the project, i'm also thinking in improving my 16v, but in Portugal we have lots of problems with the police by now.
For now i have only supersprint rear end mufler and a K&N air filtre to catch up with the exaust mod.
In future i was thinking in taking off the catalizator, can you tell me if the ecu runs badly without the catalizator, since the exaust sensor senses more gases...:rolleyes:

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
If you have two oxygen-sensors (one before and one after the cat) the ecu will recognize the missing cat an the MIL will be on. Won´t have an influence on power, but it´s on and you have an entry in your failure memory.

I would recommend a 200 cell sport catalyst und an exhaust manifold.

I modified together with a friend of mine an old Clio RS manifold....

k4m_rs_fertig_2.jpg

k4m_rs_fertig_3.jpg

M

mini-valver

Oliver, Have you welded on a K4M flange so the manifold fits the head? I was thinking of doing that with a 182 manifold! The standard manifold doesnt look to bhad in terms of shape and size. Have you noticed any gains by using the 172 manifold??

Oliver, Have you welded on a K4M flange so the manifold fits the head? I was thinking of doing that with a 182 manifold! The standard manifold doesnt look to bhad in terms of shape and size. Have you noticed any gains by using the 172 manifold??

...because we like to see nice gains! :)

Tangoed Works
172 4-1 should give good top end gains if you have enough gas coming out of the exhaust to warrant headers of that diameter.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V

Yes I did, but not installed yet. At the moment I still have a warranty claim (f**** ignition coils) and I want to have solved this in advance before installing it.

I can´t say if this will improve anything. I got the RS manifold very cheap und also the flanges, so I thought let´s try it. I like making my own experiences...

The rest of the exhaust system that´s actually installed consists also only of OEM parts but of the Megane RS. I installed mid and rear silencer of the megane RS but did cut away the double end pipes. The catalyst outlet is increased to 60mm. I also installed the down-pipe of the of the Megane RS, so that means the complete exhaust system has a diameter of at least 60mm, the only thing that´s stock is the catalyst itself.
The manifold will be the last step in the chain...

Some more pics...

the original RS manifold
clio_rs_kruemmer_1.jpg

this is like the original manifold of a 1.6 16V MeganeII looks like
K4M_ohne_Vorkat.jpg

I made a framework for adaption...
gestell_2.jpg

flansche_neu.jpg

the MeganeRS down-pipe (big size...)
Flexrohr_megane_RS_5.JPG

the complete system...

RS_Anlage.JPG

RS_Endtopf.JPG

rs_anlage_verbaut_2.JPG

rs_anlage_verbaut.JPG

good sound so far...;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr2JGVwWd_c

Hopefully Dave will tell you why I'm so shocked and gutted. I'm not going into any more detail about it as it's not for me to say.

Just tried to PM him and his inbox is full, havent got MSN at work so cant email him :( Will have to make sure I speak to him after work.

M

mini-valver

I've just completely gone off the whole project TBH, considering selling up thats all! I want a 106 Rallye, lol.

1.6 16v
Loool...a 106 rallye.:S
Well it's a good car, but i would go for a clio 1.6 16v instead, it's way better really.

Depends what you want, the 106 Rallye is a superb drivers car without spending thousands on it, the 1.6 clio is not.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
madness to spend this much money on it and not enjoy it!

try a 106 rallye first then you'll come back to your clio :D