ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Quite handy for Twingo RS owners if the K4 is being tweaked.

Be nice to see a few with 182 rivailing power.

M

mini-valver

I asked if anyone knew the spec of the TWingo RS lump in the release shot thread but no-one knew. Would be interested to know where the other 20hp came from and if they retained the same inlet tract!

M

mini-valver

Cams should be here today, after weeks of promises from the supplier. Oil cooler and battery box are both on there way too :D

M

mini-valver

Just waitingon the cams, build the top end, mapping. And some other bits and bobs ;)

M

mini-valver

The K4M has massive potential, whilst I know it will never have the torque of a 2.0, I revel in the fact that its A) Unique B) Have a damn good go at a ITB build.
You have 220bhp? Or will have, I'll be touching 200bhp in a lighter car..........We'll see ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sorry to make it look like you are talking to yourself, but some people cant seem to control themselves.

My finger is on the button.

M

mini-valver

If ever we cross paths mate, you're more than welcome :)

For a go in the Leon ;)

Clio 1.6L 16V
What happen with this project??? I want to see the results!!!, I have a k4m modified too, I'll be posting the project soon when it's finish like in 3 weeks, cheers.

M

mini-valver

Cat are being absolute retards with the cams, claiming no-ones ordered them or paid now. when there's credit card receipts to prove it. I'd use Shrick or C+B but neither are as wild as the Cats.....

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Cat are being absolute retards with the cams, claiming no-ones ordered them or paid now. when there's credit card receipts to prove it. I'd use Shrick or C+B but neither are as wild as the Cats.....

Nightmare!! baseball bat oot!

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
I didn´t have any problems with my K4M-Cams that I ordered at Cat.....delivery was quite fast...

by the way the Twingo RS K4M looks nice, too....

Renault_Twingo_RS_2008_6.jpg

M

mini-valver

Oil cooler arrived yesterday along with braided hoses and thermostatic plate. The cams are at Angelworks and installed in the car so it's waiting on the ECU being installed adn then off for mapping....

The inlet system on the Twingo K4M is so much better than the crappy plastic plenum they used to come with!

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
I´m not sure if it´s realy made of cast-aluminium, or only silver painted plastic....I never have seen the RS in natural.

But length and diameter look better for high revs.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
I´m not sure if it´s realy made of cast-aluminium, or only silver painted plastic....I never have seen the RS in natural.

But length and diameter look better for high revs.

looks like cast alu from the picture - but like you say could be painted plastic.

You can get in an clean the TB easy too!! well noted reno! lol

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

Loom is being sorted ATM. Not really that fussed to be honest, more bothered about sorting the VTS!

Mazda MX5 1.8
would the twingo stuff wouldnt fit on the clio's engine? or would that be pointless? (assuming it is metal and could be errr "worked on" - cant remember what its called)

i am still seeing pencil coils....... lets hope they are more reliable!