ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

keep the clio or get 350z?

80MPG BEEZA
as some may know im thinking on doing the swap next year, what are peoples thoughts?

either going to turbo my clio 300bhp but as we know gearbox isnt the best in the world, or i sell my black clio and hand my blue one back in and get myself a nice 350z get it de-restricted and it will do around 178mph standard, plus a bonus being envy performance isnt far from me which have just built a 600bhp tt Z, and of course i can do a bit of drifting

should i make the jump

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
This is a no brainer, 350z, i'd swap my shitbox clio for a fiat panda.

80MPG BEEZA
not the new one with the power buldge, im looking at a 54 plate black 20k miles for 19k

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Go for it, i was planning on a 350z this year but insurnace is still too high so the clio is a stop gap.

80MPG BEEZA
currently paying out about £600 a month for 2 cars we can have the z for around £350

yeah you should. For me id would be getting a toyota supra. Dam i cant wait to get my hands under the bonnet on one of those. Flaming insurance.

80MPG BEEZA
arent they bringing a new supra out?

i think reliablity and build qaulity is what im after and its cheaper and faster so i cant really argue

M2 Competition
If you turbo your clio, it'll still be a clio. So long as you can live with having 1 car between you, go for the z. Could always get a cheap runaround too.

If you've got already got a house sorted then go for it. Love your black clio though would be a shame to get rid. 350z and a shitty runabout would be best, although personally the 350z wouldnt be my choice.

289081-6.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/289081.htm

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Pick up the new Evo mag. The 350Z is in their Evo Car of the Year test - and they were all pleasently surprised by how good it was even in such illustrious company as a GT3 Porker and a new F430 Scuderia.

I wouldn't bother with the turbo'd Clio - it'll just be unreliable and a wheelspinning waste of time...

Dan

Mito Sportiva 135
Get a well rounded and reliable two-seater sports car or make an unreliable car even worse and unsellable in the future?!!? Absolute no brainer as far as I am concerned - the 350Z is a great car especially the LCI version.

However for that money then I would look into an E46 M3, but thats just a personal preference.

BG 182
Turbo clio would definately be so much fun! But 350z would be faster and still looks immense!

80MPG BEEZA
well ive been out today unfortunetely the one z they had in wasnt their as the manager uses it as a demo car but i gotta phone up and they will arrange a test drive for me :)

only shame is ive been trying to get insurance qoutes with my gf and lowest i can get is 2k, i'll get a grand back from the 182 so i can use that towards the insurance, as far as the actualy car is concerned i'll save £150 a month having the 350z then having 2 clios :)

MCS R56
350Z was very disapointing. They look nice but don't feel especially quick. I prefer the S2000 although I haven't driven one.

Better than yours. C*nt.
well ive been out today unfortunetely the one z they had in wasnt their as the manager uses it as a demo car but i gotta phone up and they will arrange a test drive for me :)

only shame is ive been trying to get insurance qoutes with my gf and lowest i can get is 2k, i'll get a grand back from the 182 so i can use that towards the insurance, as far as the actualy car is concerned i'll save £150 a month having the 350z then having 2 clios :)

You're having one car instead of 2 and only saving £150 a month (which is gone with insurance anyway?)

Sounds like living beyond means myself, I know I'd never be able to share a car with someone as my work would get in the way... Not sure on your circumstances but I'm sure there's times when you're both out...

And don't give me any public transport bullshit. You'll soon get fed up with that.