ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kullycliosport - my cup modified .

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
EvilJohn said:
just be aware that you shouldnt always believe the ads claiming the power increases on what you've bought.

thats where most people go wrong, k-tec claim that for an induction kit 10bhp gain is average, so that means ive not got about 85bhp, doubt it! lol
TriO` said:
yeah but compared to your ikkle 1.2 that's pushing less than half of that i'd say you might be ;)

gelous of a cup with lexus lights a silver mesh grill and racing stripes i dont think so, ill stick with my ABS cheers ;);)

Clio v6
Now now lads. We wouldn't want to post a load of off topic drivel and push this "planted" thread any further off course would we? You'll be making work for the mods and they have enough "planted" topics in general discussion to deal with today. ;)

172 Cup
Work?

Got my feet up, relaxing... I guess some people can multitask and others merely flounder..

306 TD Slut
read all the replies matey.

personally, when i 1st saw it i didnt like it, looking at it now i think its nice. could do with lowering next? is that in your list of modifications?

as for people saying its chavved up and s**t etc.. the people sayin that are the ones that sound like chavs. in most forums u'd prob get a better response. one thing ive noticed about this forum is abuse. something needs to be done i think. there are only a few sound people on this site ( i havent been on here long enouhg to get to know everyone but i'm starting to get to know who to speak to for a sensible response and for advice, and who not to)

keep us posted on your plans.

As father and son....
furry_cup said:
read all the replies matey.

personally, when i 1st saw it i didnt like it, looking at it now i think its nice. could do with lowering next? is that in your list of modifications?

as for people saying its chavved up and sh*t etc.. the people sayin that are the ones that sound like chavs. in most forums u'd prob get a better response. one thing ive noticed about this forum is abuse. something needs to be done i think. there are only a few sound people on this site ( i havent been on here long enouhg to get to know everyone but i'm starting to get to know who to speak to for a sensible response and for advice, and who not to)

keep us posted on your plans.

how is offering an opinion, that was asked for, deemed sufficient for someone to BE a chav? The car fits all the criteria of being a f**king mess and thus people have said "oi, what a f**king mess".

just call me Sherlock Holmes.

kullycliosport said:
ur all obviously greater than me . cliosport members know best . ....so what if i am pushing close to 185 bhp .... r u scared or jealous

actually some cliosport members do know best, there are members on this forum that lead the way in the development of the F4R engine (thats the 2 litre engine in your car) and they will tell you, sa people on here already have, there is no way your 172 is pushing 185bhp off an induction kit and an exhuast and fancy HT leads. Thats actually a 15BHP increase - people forget/dont realise 172 is the PS power figure, and that its about 170bhp, and thats only if your car is pushing the proper power to start with, a lot of them run around 165bhp in standard trim. SO what i'm saying is, your power claim is BS.

I was gonna stick up for you untill i read the quoted post.

306 TD Slut
shercock holmes - yeah he asked for an opinon, no need to be a c**k and says its a f**king mess.

lucky you havent asked for my opinion of your car. (this is when you say i wouldnt/havent asked you anyway).

Snotter's
the guy is a prick anyway,i stuck up for his car then he started having a go via pm.His car is horrible

VaVa
Apart from the stripes, stickers, windows and lights that's a very nice car you've got there. Just don't get silly until the weathers nicer/roads have cleaned up a bit. These cars can bite back!!

EvilJohn said:
Not being funny mate, but people on here are good at sensing BS power figures. Your not the first person to do those mods and a fully enclosed ik gains maybe 1-3bhp and a full cat back about the same on these engines. As the 172 begins with 169bhp in the first place (172ps) then you mnay now have about 175bhp max. The leads wont make any difference to power at all, but no doubt look better than standard.

When all is said and done, its your car, I dont really give a damn what you do it just be aware that you shouldnt always believe the ads claiming the power increases on what you've bought.

Exactly ....
I think he should put "Power: 185bhp (owner estimate) lol ...

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Tough crowd!

in short, im not a fan but your right saying its your car and u do to it what u please. Id suggest going on a rolling road to get a better idea of what your mods have done.

In future to avoid controversy maybe just list what u have done, dont say how much it cost, because modding a car is not a cheep thing to do how ever you do it, i dont think just cos someone throws money at a car it makes it better, its possible to go the other way too.

hope you stay with the site, there are some very nice people here its just best to not rub them up the wrong way, in your case your estimated bhp figure.

I'd believe that £2k has gone into it, I gathered my receipts up the other day whilst sorting out the ad for my car, ignoring servicing and essentials I still can't believe what I've spent!

Only little things but they've mounted up, mats, ITG filter, decent bulbs, carbon splitter, cargo net, new Cup stickers, new plates etc. Car looks absolutely standard and engine is standard but about £500 has gone into it!

Good luck with the car, not my taste personally (worst thing for me if the grill, many here seem to like them but I've never understood them at all) but only because if there is one car I like to see standard its a Cup.

Clio 197
I've been slated in the past too.... I really can't understand people.

sulegP.gif

:p

Welcome to cliosport mate... (ps how much were tints - thinking about it myself)

jesus.. seeing this wants me to get rid of my renaultsport even more

when i see a 182 looking like that..

i'll advertise my car in autotrader and move onto something else.

Black Clio 182
if i was you kully i would listen to what people say on here, if you done some of the things that people are suggesting then your car would look a whole lot better. i used to get slated on here but then i saw sense and put my car right hehe!!

1998 BMW e46 323i
kully, you're just a generation ahead of your time,.. no doubt in years to come social commentators will see you as a pioneer of a growing scene, good taste and artistic expression.

We're just not ready for you.

My concern with cars suiting there owners' so called individuality is that anyone can make their car look like this,.. I, like others choose not to. I prefer my little black beauty (mk2 172) to be stealthy, re-saleable and smart.

Just one question though: Would you go round to a girl's house to pick her up in this car? The old Kristen Scott Thomas (JC Top Gear) acid test....

But that said, welcome to the site. I know full well how the wrath of a forum can feel, having come from the BMW UK beneath a dark cloud for announcing the sale of my e36 320i and the buying of a french biscuit tin with plastic wings....

John

Peddled device
I remember putting graphics on the side of my XR3I years ago...thought they looked the biz.I went to show a girl that l fancied...................never did shag her!

Not my cup of tea ......cleaner lines look better on a Cup.... but its up to you.Just be happy in what you do.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
STEAMY WINDOWS said:
People will give you sh*t for anything they can it makes them feel better (dont know why) saddo`s.

No truth in that at all matey...Everyones intitled to their own opinions. Nout to do with making themselves feel beta!?

im really astounded how much attention my cup has perserved in the past 48hrs or so , alot of people out there find it funny , lol lol . at least some of u admire my bravery at times for going a bit (tad) too far i suppose .

I WOULD LIKE TO OFFICALLY APOLOGISE TO SOHROB AS I WAS A C***
SO MANY BAD REVIEWS , 1 AFTER THE OTHER , I MIGHT , NO I DID LASH OUT . SORRY .

CARS modified in the eyes of the beholder , not always to vast majority as a good thing ........ but still my clio cup 172 car is devine imo . lol :eek:

Black 172
Good on you! if you enjoy the car and you like it thats all that matters ! I also have a 172 but a full fat one as we call them.

We all come on here cos we like clios and most of us own one or have owned one.

I dont think there is anything wrong with your car everyone likes there own things

ok said my bit just came across this thread :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i remember when ball crusher 1st posted pics...He got destroyed! But everybody came to love the 40inch exhaust pipes.

VRS
hope you stay with the club matey!
hopefully you can take it on the chin and enjoy positive feedback and not be too offended by any negative feedback!
this forum is an ideal playground for tinkering and playing with your ideas for your clio (whether they be good ideas or bad lol)
its a case of trial and error and learn from your mistakes when modifying, somethings work out well and somethings dont!
like i said before, im not keen on the external mods you have done, but then again its not my car, if you like it then enjoy it :D

by the way, most of us have had a slating of some form for something we have done to our cars since joining here lol