ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I had loads of Evo’s years ago, I could never really fall in love with them though. I just prefer the more agricultural feel of Imprezas and they’re what I’ve really loved and kept for years.

Here’s a few of my old ones, last Evo I had was prob 11 years ago!

View attachment 1458682

This was quite a rare car, RSX evo 6
View attachment 1458681

nice car this one which I put back to std (just lower) and fav mod was the orange indicators.
View attachment 1458683

It took me a long time to grow up and ignore the “evos are better than Imprezas” argument that kept me buying them to try and fall in love with.

The only thing I’d buy one for now is an Evo 5 as an investment. I tried to get a mate to buy one a year or so ago, fresh import, mint underneath and was like £8k. The yanks love an Evo and when their 25 year rule hits them the prices will go flying up.

It’s not a argument it’s a matter of fact, Evos are much better then any Scooby.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really going to miss, the freedom to go vroom-tiss.

7c2FwMy.jpg

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
That’s not bad value considering.

Plans on hold now to buy my one. Owner is being understanding about it, were all fcked somewhere down the line with this.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Quite like the 6 RS Torque have got as well, the 8 MR RS looks funny on those standard steelies!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Good cars will always sell regardless of the times.

I still have money waiting for a cracking MR340 but nothing around.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
So it’s going ahead??

Well, I'm definitely going to look when I can, yeah. Not backing out. He's having problems with sourcing the Ohlins parts due to German border restrictions atm, I'm in no rush.

£2500 and I’m getting bites even under the current climate.

And it's a pass from me. £700? RS Seats are basically a charity case, come on...

Genuine 7RS?

Yes dude, imported couple years back - it's Blacky's old car from MLR

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
just bought an intake, downpipe, exhaust, carbon front lip and vortex generator. isolation is great for the bank balance!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The place got sold to Verticalscope.

They're a company that go round hoovering up online forums to get the ad revenue as well as member and trader fees.
Naturally the customer support is pretty much non-existent and no-one gives a s**t.

I'm surprised the traders on MLR still stick around, they're literally pissing money down the drain paying any money to be on there.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
It seems like a night & day difference to how it was run years back. DIdn't the founder bloke pack it in/hand it over? Didn't he have an earlier Evo 1 as well?

It began with Darin, who founded the Lancer Turbo Register, which catered for the Lancer 2000 Turbo long before the Evo's were on the scene. He ran it for years and years through its boom and bust, then eventually sold it a couple of years back to VS as @R3k1355 said.

I’ve known Darin since about ‘99 and he put a lot of his life into the LTR/MLR and fair play to him for getting something back and selling up. He always had an old Lancer 2000 Turbo, I’m not sure if he still has it. IIRC he once let Stig Blomqvist pedal it around Combe years back.