ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans Series etc Silverstone

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Today was practice day for the Le Mans Series and all the support races at Silverstone. Great day out, although despite the weather starting out nice enough by mid-afternoon it was tipping it down, as you can see from the pics.

Here's quite a few pics, comments etc welcome.

THP Spider Cup

IMG_4733.gif

IMG_4739.gif

IMG_4757.gif

IMG_4771.gif

IMG_4802.gif

Classic Endurance Racing

IMG_4811.gif

IMG_4818.gif

IMG_4830.gif

IMG_4832.gif

IMG_4834.gif

IMG_4838.gif

IMG_4840.gif

IMG_4866.gif

IMG_4869.gif

IMG_4880.gif

IMG_4887.gif

Le Mans Series

IMG_4957.gif

IMG_4970.gif

IMG_4974.gif

IMG_4987.gif

IMG_4998.gif

IMG_5015.gif

IMG_5026.gif

IMG_5068.gif

IMG_5115.gif

IMG_5116.gif

IMG_5123.gif

This chap span coming up towards Abbey, crashed reasonably heavily

IMG_5129.gif

As i was taking the picture i heard a screeching of tyres and quickly looked to my right just in time to catch the No. 2 Audi do a pirouette in exactly the same place!

IMG_5130.gif

IMG_5131.gif

IMG_5132.gif

IMG_5133.gif

Then to finish it off this chap span again in the same place and crashed into the back of the already off circuit car, resulting in a brief red flag for the session.

IMG_5138.gif

Last edited:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Amazing photos - even with the shrink and upload the quality and detail is still fantastic! Do you ever sell photos to teams or drivers/familys?

Dan

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Many thanks for all the comments.

Amazing photos - even with the shrink and upload the quality and detail is still fantastic! Do you ever sell photos to teams or drivers/familys?

Dan

Never sell any photos, only been doing this sort of photography since May and just as a hobby really. If i'm honest compared to some of the photography by other people, like for instance Chris (ukaskew) and dunganick on this site my photos are still pretty average for selling purposes. I'm steadily getting the hang of it though, and i think my pics are starting to improve, or at least i hope they are!

Oil Burner
Many thanks for all the comments.

Dan

Never sell any photos, only been doing this sort of photography since May and just as a hobby really. If i'm honest compared to some of the photography by other people, like for instance Chris (ukaskew) and dunganick on this site my photos are still pretty average for selling purposes. I'm steadily getting the hang of it though, and i think my pics are starting to improve, or at least i hope they are!

Your photos are defiantly improving. Practice makes perfect, and they are very good as they are so shouldn't take too much more practice.

My recomendation would be not to try and sell your images, firstly you get into all sorts of legal issues with the tracks. And secondly it ruins the fun side of it if you have pressure to shoot certain cars. I enjoy shooting more as a speccy than as a signed on tog. It also makes you work harder for your shots and i find i get better results as a spectator.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Your photos are defiantly improving. Practice makes perfect, and they are very good as they are so shouldn't take too much more practice.

My recomendation would be not to try and sell your images, firstly you get into all sorts of legal issues with the tracks. And secondly it ruins the fun side of it if you have pressure to shoot certain cars. I enjoy shooting more as a speccy than as a signed on tog. It also makes you work harder for your shots and i find i get better results as a spectator.

I totally agree, i'm not really interested in going into selling them for exactly those reasons you've said, particularly the taking the fun aspect out of doing it. I like not having any pressure to take shots, just enjoying the racing and enjoying taking photos.

Clio 200
was at the race on sunday at silverstone at the peugeot day out thing, was a good day out, seen an r8 nearly take a trip into the wall on hot laps and an rs4 estate out on the track sounded awsome too.

Watched the race from few different points of the track since it was my first time at silverstone and seen some good stuff. The white murcielago sounded like a F1 Car. Although i thought they wouldnt be allowed to keep the vertical doors on a race car?

Both the diesel audi/peugeots were awsome and quiet for a race car too

Fiat Coupe 20vt
The driver of the RS4 in particular was really pushing it, coming round Priory there was a lot of tyre screeching and you could tell the car was close to its limits of adhesion!

Didn't realise the race Murcie still had vertical doors, like you say wouldn't have thought that'd be allowed.

It was a bit of a shame the Peugeots were out of the running reasonably early, they do seem to have been faster than the Audi's, just with a little less luck, I couldn't believe the state of the no.7 Peugeot after its accident. Still there was some brilliant racing though.

Clio 200
i didnt get to see the state of it after the incident, did get to see 2 cars spinning on the chicane at club? i think, when they attempted to turn the cars back round they nearly drove into each other was quite amusing.

was the no7 peugeot the one that suffered the collapsed wheel bearing? led to brake failure or something