ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lets take the Jaaaaaaaag

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That van driver was hilarious. A very clear "look at those w*****s" to his wife as he drove passed.
@gally, so effing bored of what should be an easy product. Clearly too hot, reacts with anything other than their own products, needs drying off... so much for a touchless drying aid...
Flol at user error! Soak car, spray product, pressure wash off for a good couple of minutes leaving no residue of Hydro2 and leave car to dry or dry it yourself.

Hilarious though! H'actually hilarious!

Flol at user error! Soak car, spray product, pressure wash off for a good couple of minutes leaving no residue of Hydro2 and leave car to dry or dry it yourself.

Who knew people found it so hard to apply properly :D

It's so easy it's silly - maybe that's the issue? xD

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Kev, could it have been reacting to the AF triple?

I arrived after it had been done but there wasn't anything wrong with the process as such, it was driven before it had dried but should that cause that level of problem?

There were also many successes of the day that weren't mentioned...

JD:

Fitted his //M badged to his freshly refurbed wheels (without super glue and he's scared they'll fall of due to levels of sealant applied previously)
Fitted a new bumper bracket
Polished and sealed the motor
Cleaned the jag's steering wheels properly after laughing at Steve's attempt.

I:
Gave the car a quick wash, coat of triple and some z8
Used JD's fancy leather stuff on my seats.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You've no doubt not done anything wrong, it's the heat and probably reacting with tripple. Mine reacted once and I'm pretty sure that was over tripple and in the heat.

You know how much hydro I get through so I'm pretty sure I've got the application Bob on.

How did tripple fare against the shaguar's paint @JD?

You've no doubt not done anything wrong, it's the heat and probably reacting with tripple. Mine reacted once and I'm pretty sure that was over tripple and in the heat.

You know how much hydro I get through so I'm pretty sure I've got the application Bob on.

How did tripple fare against the shaguar's paint @JD?

Presumed heat Ant.

Ok. It's never going to cover/nip out dealer inflicted swirls but gave the paint some "looks great in the shade" bling.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tripple was ideal for the red though. Awesome thing!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Amigo probably wouldn't cover up anything JD did not get out with tripple Id imagine

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Amigo is best on corrected paint anyway.

Werkstat Prime would work.... Oh wait.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
blind-leading-the-blind1.png

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
More like "cheat" products are useless.

Never had this happen in the good old days, of DA and hand applying everything. The whole spray on, jet off application method is so hit and miss.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's not. It's foolproof when used properly. I have gone through gallons of Hydro2 since it's inception and never once had an issue.

Not sure what they used on your screen! I'm guessing it's dusty where the car is parked etc? Have your car protected will created beading especially with Tripple for eg so the dust sits in the dots.

A proper glass/ceramic sealant will not do that essentially.

Hardly a poor effort on our parts buddy. More on when not to use it by CarPro. It clearly dries very quickly and leaves effectively hard water/silicon marks.

@gally anything different in process here? Spray on, jet off, open hose to remove beading, dry with a towel rather than drive off perhaps?
18409791383_1aa7758b46_c.jpg

19033818701_b608bf2ab8_c.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I left it sitting for about 30 minutes whilst I had some tea. Brought it inside and towel dried any droplets.

Use it as a drying aid a lot. Got it down to using very very little on the car. The simply trick is surely, don't let it dry. Easily done.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Arse

11836871_10153524486227579_8003615333950093858_n.jpg

Huge hole in it some how. New tyre is £217 fitted which isn't bad I don't think.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
@C.J In the end the company which was the cheapest didn't have any....

Went to Jag in Hull and paid £234 fitted.

295/30/20 Pirelli P Zero.