ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lets take the Jaaaaaaaag

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
Lovely cars, hope the seats work alright (I used to work for the supplier). What is the boot space like?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Lovely cars, hope the seats work alright (I used to work for the supplier). What is the boot space like?
The drivers seat is coming apart around the harness holes, I need to go back to Jag again with it.

Had a passenger ride in a coupe a few weeks back, the speed is just mental. And the way they go around corners, seemingly endless amounts of grip. Awesome choice! Best colour too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
The drivers seat is coming apart around the harness holes, I need to go back to Jag again with it.
I notice you didn't answer the boot space question ;)

I test drove one of these, f**king loved it, it does sound immense, not sure it's better than an amg, but certainly on par.

On the test drive I got single digit mpg, which was a bit of a shock, so no idea how y managed over 30, must have been driving it like a priest.

The boot is the single most reason why I didn't buy one, basically it doesn't have one, I reckon you could at a push get 2 bags of shopping in there from waitrose (of course I don't shop at Aldi), I just could deal with not having a boot, it would be my only car, I need to at least be able to fit a suitcase in, which I can in my merc with the roof down too, a very large suitcase, the Porsche won't be as good as its split between the front and back, but the jag was laughable.

I loved everything else about it, the interior is a very nice place to be.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The boot is fine if you pack in soft bags?!

Last weekend I had:

2x suits in suit holders/cases
4 handbags
3 gym bags
2 coats
Laptop bag
Shoe carry bag

As I was taking the Mrs to a wedding then having a week away with work.

If you pack soft you get loads in! Even with my work case in (I travel long haul for 50% of work) I still have loads of room after putting 14 days worth of gear in. Who doesn't buy a car because of the boot, weirdo. You have a front seat to fill with shite too.

If you have a spare wheel it's limited but I've not used a spare wheel since the 90's.

MPG for this week with me driving like a bell end in 25 degree heat is 26.3.

As for sounding on a par with an AMG, the bosses SLS sounds like a door mouse compared to it! They are only similar when the valves on mine are shut.

dk

911 GTS Cab
sorry but it was way too shallow for me, the boot, i just couldn't see it working with what i use my boot for.

2014-Jaguar-F-Type-trunk.gif

and your bosses must be broken then.

Plus i wanted a new one, and they discontinued the V8S and only had the R moving forward which was about 95k specced, I'm not spending that sort of money on a jag.

Lovely car though like i said, just couldn't make it work for me. Thought about driving the V6S, but i wouldn't be able to live with it knowing i'd want the V8.

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
Ahh, that is Lear's fault then, we just made the frames with the motors which power the main movements (foward/back, up/down, incline/recline, etc)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Lovely car but that boot looks like somebody has had a flok party on a sink. Had no idea it was so small.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I have a mate who had a V8 version and he's tweaked it to around 650 bhp [emoji52]

It's sodding loud - the quicksilver exhaust makes it sound like a touring car

Ph1 track slag
Thought I recognised the plate. Have a weird memory for number plates after I've seen them once. Looked nice!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
First proper tank full of fuel used on the commute.

375 miles to 64litres of fuel. 26.5ish MPG. Can't complain.

Driving home with the roof down on an evening is bliss. Still need to get round to buying a wind deflector but at £200 it can wait for a bit!

Here's the defect on the seat. It's torn from its fixing on the harness hole. Pushing Jag for a new seat now, as its unfixable.

IMG_3047.jpg