ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LewisTaylor's BlackGold 182

Trafic 140dci
Re: Boosted BlackGold Project - F4rT content.

He said he ordered harness bar, unsure what he did. Think he plans to get something sorted to allow it to fit harness's :)

He sprayed it white, looks s**t hot imo.
Get photo's on my other thread :) Mines going a secret colour... Stolen the idea from someone else (not a BG so should look good :) )

Sorry to hear about your shoulder mate - hope you get the build finished pre-op :)

The workmanship on that cage looks good - shame the harness bars are so far down though?

Trafic 140dci

Sorry to hear about your shoulder mate - hope you get the build finished pre-op :)

The workmanship on that cage looks good - shame the harness bars are so far down though?
Thanks mate :) It mounts on the wheel Arch's not the floor so shouldn't be to bad :)

Evo 5 RS

If you spray it the same colour as mine I'll fist you. lol

Just kidding mate, if your white one was anything to go by this will be awesome. Can't believe those cages are so cheap!

Trafic 140dci

If you spray it the same colour as mine I'll fist you. lol

Just kidding mate, if your white one was anything to go by this will be awesome. Can't believe those cages are so cheap!
You know where I live aswell... Tbh I didn't even realise you had a cage so can't be copying you :)

Trafic 140dci

Ohh, i see now, would be to suttle for me anyways ;) Cages must be a lairy colour - Fact :)

Mini Cooper S

Not good news about the shoulder! Hope it all sorts itself out mate.

Trafic 140dci

Think Chip is onto the plan ;) lol.

Got some more pictures of my cage today as i was clearing out the garage so i had some space to work this weekend. I've propped the cage up so the main hoop is level, so people can see the height of the harness bar for proof it will be fine, i think it's fair to say that the harness will be within the space it needs to be for the correct angle (Not that it matters as this isn't a race car!)

rollcage2.jpg

rollcage1.jpg

Phase 2 172 Sport

Yet again mate going to be awesome :D !!

Deffo a subscribed to this 1 !!

Trafic 140dci

My VHT paint arrived today, engine is looking nice and Fresh now :) (i did have tape to protect inlets, but took it off for the photo as it got spray paint on, been re covered now)

newengine.jpg

My battery relocation kit arrived too, so will relocate my battery Saturday afternoon if i get time.

Trafic 140dci

The long awaited engine conversion update!

Didn't make it to CSS due to being offered a good days work on Saturday :) Then last night i stupidly decided to go out on the beers with my mates, so i got in at 4 and needed to be up at 7:30 to get to DannyR's to collect these :D

AST.jpg

Got back home about 10:30 and cracked on with it, was really taking my time today as i've like sh*t lol. This is when i started.

start.jpg

Soon enough it was getting stripped apart.

halfway.jpg

I then found out what had been causing my intermittent stop light coming on, the abs sensor wire had melted out exhaust manifold.

meltedwire.jpg

At some point the engine came out for new gearbox and clutch, and who ever done it routed the wires terribly, the gearbox mounts were loose, bolts missing and alsorts! The clutch had seen some serious heat in it's life too!

badgearbox.jpg

And by about 2:30 the engine was out, i then took subframe off too, for powdercoating, then pollybushing before refitting.

done.jpg

I then spent what time i had left putting bits on the engine, flywheel, clutch, 182 cam cover and top engine mounts. I also gave my 225 inlet manifold a coat of VHT paint :)

sprayedinlets.jpg

So by the end of the day my garage now looks like a clio brakers yard lol.

fullgarage.jpg

It was also nice to find a K&N panel filter and that i had RS stamped lower inlet :) Next update will be once i've cleaned up engine bay and engine is built up, need to get lots of parts off for powdercoating too!

ph1 172

Thanks Rhys, whats going on with yours any news?

Cheers Andy i wouldn't be doing this now if it wasn't for all your help!

Which one!? lol the 182 should be back on the road this month and the 172 I am also hoping to have the cage done by the end on the month

Trafic 140dci

I'd like a Gen90 but i doubt TDF would map that lol and it's alot of money, Chances are an EC1 but i'm going to enquire about an EC2 as i can use FBW throttle :)

ph1 172

I am swaying towards the ec1 but a little way from needing it yet!

Trophy Turbo :)

I can very very Much recommend the Gen 90 by k Tech that will also control the FBW Throttle :) Its been the easiest ECU ive ever had to install :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I'd go for something like an Omex that lots of people have the equipment to map.

I would never buy any ecu that doesnt come with a mapping lead and mapping software free with it when you buy it.

Evo 5 RS

I'd say EC1, A) I don't think K-Tec are particularly friendly when it comes to 3rd party mappers and certain aspects of mapping their ECU.
B) I'd only ever use TDF to map my cars anyway.
C) Omex 600 is like 16 years old, there's a lot more capable out there now, especially when it comes to b00st

The k tech ECU runs the GEMS software so its pretty easy to get any mapper to map the ECU, GEMs lead and Dongle and your away. i agree tho if you had to buy a dongle and lead its expensive.

The Omex 600 easy to use and wire up, but its very very old now and uses a rover plug for starters LOL .

I liked the Adaptronic i ran on mine, great kit and price but the new versions are now pricy

Evo 5 RS

It uses pin to pin serial the other end, it's older than most record players

It uses pin to pin serial the other end, it's older than most record players

LOL - It still does the job i suppose, but liek you say its a ladge old with still a big price for what it is. ( new )

Were tinkering with a DIY ecu at the moment, one you build your self and off you go, just for a laugh really but its good fun :)

Trafic 140dci

Just seen on another post an EC2 is £200 more than than the EC1, i'd rather pay £200 keep cruise control and FBW than piss about swapping to cable throttle etc.

I'd only take it to Matt to map anyway, he's only 80 miles away, offers collection, always at the end of the phone if i need advise, top bloke tbh, I'm just really interested in the Gen90.

Andy if i do go down the FBW route, i take it i could use a Megane 225 TB instead of using my ph2 FBW throttle on the adapter plate you supplied?

Trafic 140dci

Not much progress today, cleaned the engine bay up, fitted my AST's on the rear, and fitted my Pacet fan to the standard rad. Nothing worthy of pictures.

I want to tidy up the engine loom, it's all got that sh*tty black casing stuff around it, does anyone have a link to some kind of heat shrink or something i could do it all alot neater :)

Cup In bits

Coming along nicely, is there much custom parts needed to do a swap other than intercoooler pipework and ECU or is there off the shelf and different renault model parts available?

Try this stuff Lewis, it's split to wrap round ready made looms or one piece stuff can be had if your re-wiring connectors.

Trafic 140dci

The engie needs a 1*2 sump, crank needs to be able to take 1*2 fly wheel then clutch, and block needs adapting to take a JC5 gearbox, Andy had done all that before he sold it to me :) he also supplied me with a custom exhaust manifold, not nessesary to the conversion but it saves having to move brake lines.

IC and pipe work is easy, just buy a universal one off eBay and then work out what bends/ pipes you need and get them too :)

Once it's all together I need a custom down pipe made which is no big deal, no at least 3 good custom exhaust people :)

Also you forgot to supply a link ;)

Trafic 140dci

Just bought some of this to redo my standard loom, should look alot tidier :) Also bought some bigger stuff for the bigger cables.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190636000272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Just ordered stud and nut conversion, i've gone for 50mm long Blue TPI wheel nuts with the expensive studs from demon tweaks :)

With a bit of luck if my ancillary parts arrive this week, the engine should be in Sunday :D (weather/having no hangover dependent of course)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Awesome mate, make sure you get some pics ;)

SQ5
Your inlet needs to be powder coated. The VHT on there will not cure and go hard as it'll never get warm enough!