ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LHD conversion 172 cup

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Say, I decided to buy an RHD 172 cup and wanted to convert it to LHD as it's more suitable for driving on the right side of the road......as we do in Holland. Wich problems would I be facing besides altering the chassis for refitting the steering rack.

Dash, driveshafts, wiring etc?

I searched all over Europe for a decent Ragnotti ( LHD ) but they seem to be very rare. The ones I did find where somewhat overpriced. I've seen 172 cups for sale for 5.5k at cs.net. Those prices just might make it worth my while.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
It may be cheaper to keep it RHD but install an overtaking camera in the passenger mirror.

Forget it its not worth it. It can be done the proper way to do it would be to get the car stripped to nothging and weld in the LHD bulkeahd swop the wiring round (either new looms or modied ones).

I don'[t see anynt problem driving in a LDH car in the UK or RHD abroad you get used to it.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Driving it at the wrong side of the car doesn't sound that appealing.

we built our 172 mk2 group N rallyclio on an RHD Renault sport chassis. Rearanging the bulkhead (?), dashsupports etc. didn't seem that big of a deal. I'm just worried some other expenses will be a bit to much. Ordering and fitting neccesary new parts I mean.

What was the price difference between a cup and a mk2 clio rs? Both new.

Jack

Cupra
After you pay the BPM etc it will no longer seem so cheap! Just buy a full fat in Holland, uprate the suspension, buy some speedline wheels and strip out some interior? Probably a lot cheaper than trying to buy a cup in the UK to take back to NL.