ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow Clio R27 (197 F1)

Liquid Yellow R27
I've always been a Renault Clio owner. When I passed my driving test 6 years ago, my first car was a red Renault Clio 1.2 litre. After a few years I upgraded to a Silver 1.4 litre. When the insurance became affordable, I upgraded to an Arctic Blue 2.0 litre 182. Having owned the 182 for 2 years, I decided it was time for an upgrade to a newer shaped Clio. I've recently sold my 182 and bought this 197 F1 (R27) in Liquid Yellow. :D

I've only had it just over a week, but I absolutely love it so far. It's great to drive, comfortable and fun. It's a bit thirsty on fuel compared to the 182, but I was expecting it to be and it's more than worth it. It's number 254/500. The previous owners have looked after it really well and had fitted a Milltek cat back exhaust system, Renault Sport front splitter and LED lights inside and out.

There's not much I want to change about it at the moment really, but I will be updating this thread through my ownership of the car.

Anyway, here she is...

EditedR27Shot_19_zps142c18f2.jpg

EditedR27Shot_12_zpsd1f241de.jpg

EditedR27Shot_1_zps45b75871.jpg

EditedR27Shot_11_zps989eabca.jpg

EditedR27Shot_4_zps5978b8f1.jpg

EditedR27Shot_7_zps023c5114.jpg

EditedR27Shot_17_zps66c08057.jpg

EditedR27Shot_15_zps75b3ec0a.jpg

EditedR27Shot_10_zpsf0d691b0.jpg

EditedR27Shot_8_zps5660f74a.jpg

I'm looking to attend a few of the CS Midlands meets in the new year, so will hopefully get to meet some of you in 2014. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
looking sweet..is the MPG much lower than the 182 - or is it not as bad as people make out ?

Thanks. I've done just under 300 miles on my first full tank of V Power fuel averaging 25.8mpg. The fact I went for a drive with my mate in his Nissan 350Z and my other mate in his Nissan GTR, probably didn't help those figures much though. Them things just fly, especially the GTR.

I think it's just down to how you drive it really. When you start driving sensibly, you do see the MPG's increase. I'm looking forward to taking it on a long run though to see what it gets.

Liquid Yellow R27
Thanks guys. There's a few small items on my eBay watch list at the moment...

- 6000k HID bulbs
- H&R lowering springs
- Wind deflectors (already ordered)
- Phillips head unit
- Smaller aerial
- Cleaning products

I've also ordered a CS URL sticker in yellow for the rear windscreen.

Will post more photos once some of these items have been ordered and fitted. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
So today I received my wind deflectors in the post. Took me 10 minutes to fit them both and it seemed to go really easy. I will find out if they're secure on my next drive with the windows down I suppose. Really happy with how they look though. :)

I also received my ClioSport.net sticker in the post last week, so stuck that on the back window too. There's a few iPhone photos below...

9c7b1d9f-cc3e-4651-9cd8-2726c5d5a668_zps1b02cf4d.jpg

b58cb758-ae6e-4e4f-b68e-5a0717b39319_zps2c86683e.jpg

184bae89-0608-4a4f-9283-95fa9bff4778_zpsa7db7bbe.jpg

Liquid Yellow R27
I'm umming and strong about deflectors, is there any benefit? Or is it just looks?

I like the look of them, but I do find them useful if you want a bit of fresh air in the car whilst it's raining, without getting soaked. It also keeps the wind out of your face too when the windows are down or at least they did when I had some fitted in the 182.

Liquid Yellow R27
I've been ordering a few bits and bobs online this week...

New, shorter aerial...

IMG_3860_zps3731ddc0.jpg

ITG Panel Filter...

IMG_3863_zps229120cb.jpg

New numberplate bulb holders and LED bulbs...

IMG_3864_zps7a3787f9.jpg

IMG_3866_zps845ef1b6.jpg

I'm going to be looking at ordering some new plates soon. Possibly pressed metal plates or just plain normal plates without any border or text on them. Thanks to Adam at Renault Wolverhampton for a good price on the numberplate bulb holders. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
Updates look good :) I agree with you on the clean number plates they would look miles better

Thanks mate. Where would you recommend ordering the plates from? I've ordered from Craigs Plates in the past for pressed metal plates, but have also been told about Fancy Plates.

Liquid Yellow R27
I used Fancy Plates for mine and they are perfect - I'd certainly use them again :)

Will have to look into it mate. Still not sure whether to go with metal pressed plates or not yet. I have just subscribed to your project thread too, car looks great. :)

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Will have to look into it mate. Still not sure whether to go with metal pressed plates or not yet. I have just subscribed to your project thread too, car looks great. :)

Pressed metal plates aren't really my cup of tea tbh but I suppose everyone is different.

Ahh cheers mate - I would absolutely love a Liquid Yellow R27 like yours. Insurance for young drivers is a b**ch :(

275 Trophy
Arr... you had me right up to the Lego caps unfortunately.

Seriously though, that's a great car.

Liquid Yellow R27
Bright yellow lego blocks on your wheels are far from subtle... :p

In all seriousness, looks a lovely car!!

Haha, thanks mate. They honestly don't stand out all that much from the distance. Chances are they will end up getting robbed in a car park at some point though.

Absolutely gorgeous looking car mate :approve: Wish I got my RB197 in LY best colour. Only thing I don't like about R27s is the decals. A set of rs skirts from the aero kit would finish it off.

Liquid Yellow R27
Absolutely gorgeous looking car mate :approve: Wish I got my RB197 in LY best colour. Only thing I don't like about R27s is the decals. A set of rs skirts from the aero kit would finish it off.

Thanks mate, I do like the RB colour too though. Are these the skirts you're on about?