ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow Clio R27 (197 F1)

Liquid Yellow R27
I no mate they are they are expensive :( I wanted some & a front splitter for mine but couldn't justify the price. A lad is selling some brand new ones in the forsale section at a good price.

Will check them out mate, thanks for the heads up.

Liquid Yellow R27
I decided to get rid of the CLIO badge on the back, give her a good wash and get some pictures...

AfterAWash_1_zpscb177bc7.jpg

AfterAWash_5_zpsa2d1f197.jpg

AfterAWash_zps05a2f3f6.jpg

AfterAWash_2_zps14e754ae.jpg

Then I decided to climb up on my garage roof to get this shot, which after editing (possibly too much editing) looks a bit video-game like at the front...

AfterAWash_6_zps41d1f0dd.jpg

Oh and I also had to remove the ClioSport.net URL badge, as a bit had ripped off when cleaning around it. I've ordered a new one though and will be putting it on soon :)

Liquid Yellow R27
I've just ordered a set of Standard UK plates from Fancy Plates. I'm not too keen on the border around my current ones and I prefer the stick-on plates rather than having them screwed on. Hopefully they will arrive early next week. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
I thought the old plates were looking a bit worn, so I decided to remove them and put on a fresh pair...

Old plates...
uqedu4ej.jpg

e8uqeje2.jpg

Needed a bit of a clean underneath...
u7e8e9u2.jpg

asureqe7.jpg

The new plates...
manuja9u.jpg

y9ehu9yz.jpg

e7u5eqyv.jpg

128 GT
Cheers man. May have to save up first. Was gonna get one i saw on ebay but the guy was after £80. Bit much to find out it doesn't fit.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely looking car!

How does ordering on fancy plates work, I never made it past the typing in the reg plate window last time, I assume you have to send them your V5?

Liquid Yellow R27
Lovely looking car!

How does ordering on fancy plates work, I never made it past the typing in the reg plate window last time, I assume you have to send them your V5?

Surprisingly I didn't have to send them any proof of ownership or send them any documents. I just went through the steps, paid and ordered. They were delivered in just a few days.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Surprisingly I didn't have to send them any proof of ownership or send them any documents. I just went through the steps, paid and ordered. They were delivered in just a few days.

I'll get some ordered then cheers! I was holding off thinking I may have to post it off, I'm a bit funny about things like that.

Liquid Yellow R27
I'll get some ordered then cheers! I was holding off thinking I may have to post it off, I'm a bit funny about things like that.

Yeah, I had to do that with a company called Craigsplates on my last car. It was all fine, but just took a bit longer. Would recommend fancy plates though.

Liquid Yellow R27
Me and my mate in his 350Z gave the cars a good clean the other day. We took a few photos of the cars together, which you can see on the thread here.

Here's a few shots of just the R27...

R27with350Z_6_zps75ba0a92.jpg

R27with350Z_23_zpsbd35d38e.jpg

R27with350Z_9_zps9ea5e61a.jpg

R27with350Z_8_zps2a31f4ad.jpg

R27with350Z_30_zpsf6500e6c.jpg

R27with350Z_33_zps18a3d22e.jpg

R27with350Z_25_zps0afbb27b.jpg

R27with350Z_7_zpsa4d2a774.jpg

Feedback welcome :)

Liquid Yellow R27
So since my last update I've not done much to the car except for having the near side lower ball joint replaced at Aarons Autos in Derby. I've got both the MOT and Tax coming up at the end of this month, which is always a wonderful time of year for the bank account. I've got some Renault Sport mats with the yellow trim on their way to me in the post from another user on here and I'm also considering H&R lowering springs, just to finish it off.

I will be replacing the other two tyres soon too, as they have some outer and inner wear. The alloys will also need refurbishing and respraying before the Summer, as there's slight curbing to a few of them. I was looking at having them powder coated white, but not sure I'm brave enough and might just stick with anthracite. Thoughts?

Anyway, here's a few photos of how she's looking at the moment.
001_smile.gif

Clio2_zpsnkrzax0a.jpg

Clio3_zpsupybysem.jpg

Clio1_zpsf7qupbqk.jpg

Clio4_zps32s08ok7.jpg

Thanks to Ollie at OH MEDIA for the photos.

Liquid Yellow R27
After being told that my two front springs were somehow snapped, it presented a great opportunity to buy myself some H&R springs. They had been on the shopping list since I first got the car but I just never quite got round to buying them. Will be posting up some before and after photos soon, but there's a shot of one of the front wheels with the springs fitted below.
001_smile.gif

springs%202_zps3ab7hkz2.jpg

springs_zpsuteabwf5.jpg

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good buddy, really makes me miss my old one! one of the few cars I regret selling now

Actually spotted you last week parked up in the carpark just off broad steet, thought the car might have been on here as the reg seemed familiar.

Liquid Yellow R27
Looking good buddy, really makes me miss my old one! one of the few cars I regret selling now

Actually spotted you last week parked up in the carpark just off broad steet, thought the car might have been on here as the reg seemed familiar.
Thanks mate. I was probably parked up there while at the cinema. Do you still drive a Renault Sport?

Liquid Yellow R27
Do you have a price in mind?

I much prefer the 197 wheels over the 200 wheels for dailies.

Is there any difference in weight?
Probably looking for around £220 for them. One of the wheels is curbed and could do with a refurb. Will try and get some photos up soon.

Not too sure about any weight difference. The 200 wheels did feel slightly lighter when moving them about though.