ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow Clio R27 and Glacier Meg R26

Megane R26
Just a quick write up today - more pics, fewer words :)

I spent today tidying up a mates' Clio R27 and Megane R26. The Clio was treated to Lime Prime and Supernatural. The Megane was corrected by me recently, so it was just quickly cleaned and the protection was topped up with Dodo Red Mist.

Clio afters:

P1010757.jpg

P1010748.jpg

P1010750.jpg

P1010758.jpg

P1010759.gif

P1010760.gif

P1010764.gif

P1010766.gif

P1010771.gif

P1010773.gif

P1010774.gif

P1010787.gif

P1010788.gif

P1010797.jpg

P1010799.jpg

P1010800.jpg

P1010811.jpg

and a few quick pics of the Megane R26....

P1010819.jpg

P1010822.jpg

P1010825.jpg

Cheers!

Russ.

mk7 fiesta zs
cracking Russ, wonder why the wheel bolts hav'nt gone rusty on that clio, do you know if they have and been painted / replaced? :)

Barge

Always wanted to do a RB 197... let me know if you're ever in the market for a detail...

Russ.

JD had a go at it earlier this year. Got it into a lot better condition, but it could do with another bash. It needs a bloody respray does the swirl bus. :(

If I'm ever down that way lad, you're more than welcome to try your hand at it. :)

Megane R26
Racing Blue is a ho - I tried Lora's 182 and that was a struggle with a Rotary so I can imagine JD having problems.

I've a couple to do in Skelmersdale at some point, you're up that way aren't you?

Megane R26
Ouch. That's far. I'll have to find an excuse to go to our offices in Tyne Valley then ;) Expense Claim ftw!

mk7 fiesta zs
Nope, they are originals - mine are fine too... I don't think many of them go rusty tbh

good to hear its not a common problem - makes me think that possibly continued use of an acidic wheel cleaner is the cause..

Megane R26
good to hear its not a common problem - makes me think that possibly continued use of an acidic wheel cleaner is the cause..

Yeah, must be Kev. Salty air perhaps? Has it lived by the Sea?

Either way, they should be replaced!

mk7 fiesta zs
Yeah, must be Kev. Salty air perhaps? Has it lived by the Sea?

Either way, they should be replaced!

not sure where its been kept before by the last owner, ashford is about 13 miles from folkestone so not really a problem now. agree they should be replaced though

Bumder With A Buffer
Is that an underground car park or something you decided to stop in and detail a few cars at??:)

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
I'm surprised lime prime corrects the paintwork that well. I must try again!

Oh and that LY clio is lovely. I want one

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
great result, they look stunning. Makes me wanna go home and clean our R27 now :)

oh and the wheel bolts on our R27 haven't gone rusty and I haven't painted them

LY R27
OMG Russ i want your babies!!!!

its my bolts that are rusty :( going into the stealers this week to see what they say.

M135i
Nice work again Russ!

Pay day on Thursday :) Ill be buying some Lime Prime for sure. What pad do you usually use with the Lime on RS's?

mk7 fiesta zs
I'm surprised lime prime corrects the paintwork that well. I must try again!

Oh and that LY clio is lovely. I want one

if the paint isn't too hard and a fairly hard pad is used (polishing for example) then the correction levels possible from lime prime are superb. have a look round the showroom on DW for some threads on this ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
cracking Russ, wonder why the wheel bolts hav'nt gone rusty on that clio, do you know if they have and been painted / replaced? :)

The wheel cleaner you are using is too acidic.

I use really strong Acid for wheel cleaner and if I use it more than 2/3 times on the same car, the bolts go rusty instantly.

Just my little bit of input. :D

Megane R26
Nice work again Russ!

Pay day on Thursday :) Ill be buying some Lime Prime for sure. What pad do you usually use with the Lime on RS's?

Depends on the paint tbh mate, and it won't work miracles, just removes light/medium swirling.

Any polishing/light cut pad is fine on all but the softest of paints.

It did nothing to an Evo 8 I did recently... same with a lot of RenaultSport colours.

mk7 fiesta zs
The wheel cleaner you are using is too acidic.

I use really strong Acid for wheel cleaner and if I use it more than 2/3 times on the same car, the bolts go rusty instantly.

Just my little bit of input. :D

not me - its MT_ R27's clio, looks like it was done by the last owner (s) :(