ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid yellow differences

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I know they changed the paint code from j37 to whatever it is, but I was under the impression that this was just a coding alteration.

Yesterday I saw a 265 in LY and it looked a lot... Warmer/deeper/more 'mustard' than the liquid yellow found on the 182s, r27s, 200s, r26s and 250s. I've not seen the LY used on twingos.

Does anyone have any info/conformation on this or was it just my eyes?

IMG_1906.jpg

Megane-2_2982905b.jpg

Clio 182 FF & M135i
I think it's your eyes, in my experience the colour can change drastically depending on the light conditions at the time.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Its the same, I have seen a R27, 200, and a 265 parked together and there was no difference between them.

It just depends on how the light falls on it tbh, It can look a totally different colour

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Its the same, I have seen a R27, 200, and a 265 parked together and there was no difference between them.

It just depends on how the light falls on it tbh, It can look a totally different colour

A brand new, facelift 265?

When I get mine back I think I'll take it down to renault to compare lol

LY 200 EDC LUX
As already said, I think its purely on the light. I can look at mine at an angle, walk a metre to the left and the color looks different.

It's not unlikely that a complex colour such as LY could vary massively between cars. In fact I could quite easily believe it, especially if they're years apart, painted in different locations by different machines at a different time of year.

I can't see it being deliberately changed by Renault though.

Mini GP2
A V6 owner told me that the paint for them was mixed by hand and not machine so all the LY V6's are slightly different. Not sure if that's a myth though.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's not unlikely that a complex colour such as LY could vary massively between cars. In fact I could quite easily believe it, especially if they're years apart, painted in different locations by different machines at a different time of year.

I can't see it being deliberately changed by Renault though.

I wouldn't have thought they'd just change it willy nilly, I was just curious as to whether the colour mix was altered when the colour code was changed.

I wouldn't have thought they'd just change it willy nilly, I was just curious as to whether the colour mix was altered when the colour code was changed.
That's another element to it, it's possible certain tinters used to make up the car could have been changed/replaced over the years to comply with new regulations etc which can give variations. It is a 10 year old colour now after all.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That's another element to it, it's possible certain tinters used to make up the car could have been changed/replaced over the years to comply with new regulations etc which can give variations. It is a 10 year old colour now after all.

That makes sense actually, cheers.

I heard some daft bint saying 'ah id like one, but the colour is a bit of a fad at the moment' when talking about my car.

I was all "b**ch please! This colour has been around since 2004! It long predates yellow cars as a fashion!"