ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lockable aero catches £11.98 + free P&P

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Some bad feedback about the postage. Other than that they look decent!

Handy for bumpers etc like stu has/had on the flower..

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
I just bought some aerocatches off ebay that were being advertised as genuine. When they arrived they were quite obviously fake (and i've since won the ebay claim etc). If they are the same they are absolutely horrendous quality and i would not feel comfortable using them on any part of a car. The spring pin would not even go through the locking bar on one of them properly. They use plated steel and none of the pin pivots are sealed meaning they could fall apart!

Avoid these like the plague.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
What?!

The locking bar holes are not lined up/straight
fakeaero4.jpg

The locking mech is extremely poor quality
fakeaero3.jpg

The locking bar does not even fit through the sideways mount
fakeaero2.jpg

The mechanism locking pins are open meaning the whole thing could just fall apart.
fakeaero1.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Probably wont cover your costs of having a bonnet in your face though...

gaz, no wonder you're loaded, spend some of it on the important stuff and not this cheap lookin shite

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Why even bother?! They are fake/counterfeit. You are going to buy them for £11.98, wait for them to arrive, and then open a ebay claim for £11.98 because they are ****. :headno:

If these are anything like the quality of the ones i got sent, they WILL fail and you will end up losing a bonnet/boot/bumper.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
You honestly think I'd open an eBay claim for £11.98/23.96? LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Worth a punt IMO!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Anyway, these are more for asthetic purposes as I'll be keeping the standard bonnet catch. (Maybe)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
A hint of sarcasm mate ;). Like said its worth a punt I guess. Me personally would have bought the ones off here

Clio 172 + 172 cup
I was looking at these as I want some for my bonnet. I'll pay the extra and get the proper ones now. Thanks for the info.

MC

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
My catches came today! Tbh, I think they're fairly decent!

null_zpscc7df92e.jpg

null_zps51b2222a.jpg

null_zpsb31bb615.jpg

null_zpsdcd05445.jpg

null_zps1221c254.jpg

null_zpsbcecf116.jpg

They'll probably remain unfitted until the start of next years track season.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I spotted these on ebay recently. Shouldn't they have another piece (like a spreader plate) that goes on the inside of the bonnet and matches up with the bolt holes? (genuine ones below)
pst_120-2100-kit.jpg