ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loggyboy's racer - 750mc Ktec Clio 182 Championship

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up the 2nd to last piece of jigsaw this weekend. Only my ARDs to go and I should be racing this year.

Clio182RaceCollect2.jpg

Clio182RaceCollect1.jpg

Its tatty and battle scarred and its not my name on the side, but shes proven race winner for only a little more £££ than the parts alone needed to upgrade my current track Clio. Plus I'm bound to be trading paint so pointless starting with a nice tidy ex road/track car.
Next is ARDs which i hope to book in coming weeks with the aim of doing a few events this year before a full season next year.
On a side note the Kia Sorento I bought a few months back as a tow car performed faultlessly for the ~500mile round trip so even more pleased with that choice of that, recommended to anyone wanting a cheap tow car with a 3tonne cap.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Rubbing is racing! Good luck with the test and racing.. look forward to your updates (y)(y)(y)

182 Cup/ Impreza RB5
Got a Sorento myself and towed for the first time last month with the Scooby on the back, was surprised at how easy the Sorento pulled it. Had mine remapped when i got it so got a bit more poke than the std 140bhp it came with.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Had a Sorento and a sportage couldn’t speak more highly of them. We tow 3.5t most days. Cheap motoring bar the tax and pretty good trim spec on the titans!

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Sneaky trip this evening to Brands for my ARDs and a shake down. Passed the ARDs no probs but sadly couldnt put in many laps as the slightly stricter noise restrictions in the evenings meant as soon as i went for it I was black flagged. They let me out again and managed 10 or so laps at 75%. Car felt good, really nimble, but im not convinced the single back box exhaust is helping anyway so as I want to do some more TDs before I go racing i will swap it for my scorpion 192 system, can always swap back when I race.

20190523_165407.jpg

20190523_165424.jpg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Shame about the noise. They are really strict on it at Brands. I have been blacked flagged there on an evening session before. I am sure there are much noisier cars than any Clio going round though!

I was there during the day yesterday in a white RS 200, which was parked near your trailer. I knew I recognised the car from somewhere! It's certainly had a hard life! Like the above plans you have for colour scheme. Will keep an eye on this thread.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Shame about the noise. They are really strict on it at Brands. I have been blacked flagged there on an evening session before. I am sure there are much noisier cars than any Clio going round though!

I was there during the day yesterday in a white RS 200, which was parked near your trailer. I knew I recognised the car from somewhere! It's certainly had a hard life! Like the above plans you have for colour scheme. Will keep an eye on this thread.
Yeah even on day time one I got flagged once in my old trackday car (a car that is ok around 90db Thruxton!) on a very cold day when the noise seems to travel. Went back out and it didnt happen again. Suspect it was me and another car combined or a gust of wind that triggered it.
I was 2db under on static but 6db over on drive-by last night so WAY over!

Yes she certainly is tatty. I have already replaced the bonnet with a tidier one, and have a spare drivers door to fit. Once I have had a chance to fit that I will go over the rest of the car and try to knock out a few of the larger dings. Also have another idea on graphics to help disguse the dents more!
SideChequersBlueSilver.jpg

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Congrats, the excitement must be building. I would love to do this one day.

Have you got to do much to the car before your first race?

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats, the excitement must be building. I would love to do this one day.

Have you got to do much to the car before your first race?
Hugely.. want to get one trackday in first to really open her up qnd get a proper feel for it.
Not really much to do on car. Ive been tidying up some of the electrics and the drivers window is unreliable so trying to trace the fault (dodgy earth or similar connection i suspect). Apart from that i just want to add the vinyl to my preferred colours and add the mandatory series sponsors decals.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
The Electrical problems started to really play up so started to trace every wire to find the fault. Eventually found a disconnected earth that had been bundled up with the disused airbag loom. Reconnected and everything is back to normal. This gave me the chance to start playing with the less important bits and bobs.
First up were the interior trim. Door cards had been replaced with ally sheets, but the switches and door handles had been bodged by cutting the old plastic door pulls. So put the 3d printer to the task.

20190626_190213.jpg 20190626_190230.jpg 20190626_190331.jpg 20190626_190424.jpg

Not 100% happy with the design, but not bad as a 1st prototype.

Also fitted the lap time transponder.

20190627_181557.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Took her to Surrey Rolling Road this Saturday to get a baseline figure and peace of mind on fueling etc.

20190706_104305[1].jpg

A health output... which was nice.

Theres always someone who 1ups you though ....

20190706_114841.jpg

20190706_115441.jpg

Cobra running Nitrous and Meth injection. Running rich, expects to get closer to 1000 when tweaked.

Attachments

• 20190626_190213[1].jpg
    20190626_190213[1].jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 289

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Productive day fitting a flocked dash, taking an age to trim around the cage neatly. Adding my old S3 phone to datalog and give me a predictive lap delta, and the 10hz GPS in background.
20190721_204109.jpg

I hardwired a usb power supply for the mandatory in-car camera, Intending to run it in dashcam mode so i dont have to faff switching it on and off.
20190721_204821.jpg

And fitted the front tow straps.
20190721_204612.jpg

Not many jobs left apart from to acctually go racing.

Washed her last weekend ready for graphics on Tuesday, and I did a Final mock up of what im going for.

20190709_194137.jpg

Side7a.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Saw the 182 Championship cars going round Cadwell last weekened.

Very close racing apart from the two front runners ?

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Not updated this is while, but for those wanting to see how last season went::

Silverstone:

Donington

And some pic from last months shake down at Brands Hatch.

Garside44-Brands310120-Brabham1.jpg Garside44-Brands310120-Paddock1.jpg Garside44-Brands310120-Paddock5.jpg Garside44-Brands310120-Surtees2.jpg

And a video of the dry(est) session.

Plans over next few weeks are:

Update the exhaust as new regulations state the 2 tail pipes must both pipes must pass exhaust gasses through, also add swap-able centre silencer so I can get more trackday compliance.
Fit the electronic cut out switch (rather than the ancient FIA key switch)
Wrap the new headlights.
Work out away to mount my 360 camera so I can live stream the race from a passengers perspective.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Missed your initial thread, I remember this car, took a couple of pics back in 2018 when it was raced, glad to see its looking better now though:

1DSC_0193.JPG
1DSC_0199.JPG