ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Longest trip in a Cup

I did 1200km on Monday. Marburg Germany to Luzern and a bit. average speed 117km/h. Forgot to check out the petrol mileage. No sore back...or any other complaints.

It sure is fun pulling away from the Mercs and BMW who expect to overtake the lowly Clio when the traffic clears...

E90

When I come back home to Yorkshire, its 820 kms about 500 miles, takes about 8-9 hours, and a couple of fuel stops, but then Im in the airconditioned comfort of a 172, and not a stripped out shoebox like the cup;)

I once did, South east Holland to St tropez in the polo Gti That was a looooonnnggg way. :eek:

1300 miles in approx 36 hours, running from the midlands to Durness (North north north scotland) for an annular eclipse. (172, not cup, but still the same ;) )

Quote: Originally posted by Dutch 172 on 06 February 2004

When I come back home to Yorkshire, its 820 kms about 500 miles, takes about 8-9 hours, and a couple of fuel stops, but then Im in the airconditioned comfort of a 172, and not a stripped out shoebox like the cup;)
lol!...the Cup would get you home quicker tho! ;)

I find long journeys fine in the air conditioned comfort of my CUP. I get some slight windnoise over 70 though. Anyone else get this?

bout 2400miles in a 5days ish, road trip from london up to (and all around) scotland including highlands. then back, then straight back up to lincoln and back.

I drove from Whitby north coast to Chatham (kent) in a day took best part of 7 hours. was ok some realy good driving over the moores and but wish id not had the viper on as it was a bit wearing after a while on the m-way

still not a cup but hey. when the sterios off I do notice the wind noise.. mmm bit unrefind realy on the motorway, they always say hot hatches dont like m-ways tho.