ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Look waht arrived today : D

its a power capacitor...

and as for the nail varnish.... thanks :) although its the other halfs wee sisters...

sony head unit running 4 4" speakers and 2 tweeters... 800w RMS 4 channel amp running 2 200w RMS 6x9s and 400w RMS sub...

drains the battery quickly and the headlights dim when its at full whack, upto about 20mph... so it is taking a lot of power...

yeah they reckon you need a 0.5 farad for every 600w rms, so that seems about right, anyhelp will do. whn i fitted mine i got new amps at the same time so it was difficult to tell the difference, although when i upgraded from 4 to 2 gauge power wire the difference was very noticable, you shoould notice similar sort of gain, enjoy it mate! you might also wanna try getting an upgraded battery too, they make a massive difference!!

i dont wanna pish of your chips mate, but on its own using a standard battery I doubt it will make that my difference.

the best thing to do is get a bigger heavy duty battery, upgrade your wiring, upgrade the big three, that should sort out the problem.

what size alternator do you have?

Ad

ian, i currently only have 8 gauge, as it was from a previous amp which only ran the sub, but aint enough for this, going out to get the wire in the next day or two... but i have been told that itll make a difference by several people...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 10 January 2004

Ok, i know its name but what exactly does it do?????????
sometimes normally during the beat of the music you battery cannot provide enough amps to the amplifier and sub to suit it, so the cap which is essentially just a big capacitor charges using the excess amps the battery can provide in between the beats, then when the beat comes the cap can rapidly discharge huge amounts of amps in milliseconds ensuring that the amp and sub get all the voltage they require.