ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at the Clio 182 (Maybe Trophy Edition)

Vauxhall Corsa SXI
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I currently drive a Vauxhall Corsa SXI. I'm hopefully changing jobs soon meaning I'll have more hours and more money :wink: So I've been thinking about looking into getting a Clio 182 or maybe the trophy edition at the right price:smile: I was just wondering what I should be looking out for. The main attraction for me is the price point of 2-4k for a quality drivers car although I understand cabin build quality isn't the best but if its a good driver then I can over look this:smile: I'm also aware the exhaust system is known to rust so should I be looking for one fitted with an after market system ? I live in Leicestershire and have seen a couple 182 and a trophy for sale locally:smile: Just need the new job and money first haha! I'll keep this thread update as much as possible:smile: Here's what I currently drive.....

11391116_10200630972453134_6970106725559865556_n.jpg

11119458_10200634069130549_785835500_n.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
But. For a good Trophy you are looking around £4500 with sensible miles. For a good 182FF upwards of £2500, big difference finacially.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Could almost look at getting a 172. Not quite as pleasing on the eye from the rear but I adore mine. Also, id say the cabin quality is about the same as a corsa!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
There's a guide on the differences between the different models (172, 182, trophy, ph1, cup, full fat etc) at the top of the clio discussion forum if I remember right.

Have a look in there to help make up your mind.

I'd be looking at a mint 182 with both cup packs or a trophy, but make sure it has the turinis, spoiler, trendlines and Sachs. Otherwise it's just a pink 182.

I can see trophies commanding more of a premium again with renault stopping to supply the Sachs dampers.

Clio 182
As an ex owner of a Trophy and a current owner of a 182 I'd say the trophy is not worth the extra. I'd keep the money for minor modifications or buy one lightly modified. It's a better all round car.

If you want the car for resale or some idea of price increase then Trophy but I think this is very long term view and there are better ways to invest :)

However the recaros are nice. If you can find a 182 with recaros that would be a good base.

Vauxhall Corsa SXI
Thanks guys:) And yeah I think the corsa and the clio both have their interior quality issues haha! My ideal would be a 182 thinking about it, i can always stick some bucket seats in haha?

Phase 2 Iceberg 172
Having driven a boggo standard corsa D i can say the build quality is much better in the corsa, nothing rattles on bumpy roads but as you say the RS clios are more about being driver focused rather than build quality.

Could almost look at getting a 172. Not quite as pleasing on the eye from the rear but I adore mine. Also, id say the cabin quality is about the same as a corsa!