ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lost me rubber..!

hi

been out in my mk1 172 visiting relatives,and as ive got home and walked round the front of the car the rubber window seal top-bottom on the rh side has dissapeared (thats spelt wrong!) you can see the side of the windscreen glass etc.is this a renault dealer job/windscreen job £50 excess boo hoo! or do you reckon a scrapper will have some going cheap??.

I think it is a replacement job (new one has to go in - rubber that is) as when my windscreen was replaced the ones that came out were a bit tatty. Might be wrong tho.

Audi S3 225

Mine came off at the top ends on the left and right, I told Renault and they said they would fix it under the warranty.

When I got the car back all they had done was glue the 2 rubber ends together that came apart after a few hours.

Renault staff are all mugs I’ve been without my car for 2 weeks now, because they seem to think that it takes that long to order new keys from France!!! My immobiliser went wrong and they said that I need new keys!?? The mugs wouldn’t even give me a curtsey car because im 20 instead of 21!

I’ve never been happy with the service Renault provide they need to sort their act out and maybe train their staff a little so they actually know what a f**king Clio is!!!!!!!

lol whenever i go to the parts desk at my local renault, the parts desk manager ( only a young bloke) allways wants to come out and have a look at my car to see what i have recently done to it! pmsl

i might go to renault dealer, see if i can just buy the strip.or see if any breakers yards have a spare one,although i could just stump up the £50 xs on my insurance and get all new seals and windscreen.

Jonesy

u should get a coutesy car from renale its in the terms and conditions if u car is under warently and they cannot get u a part for ur car for 24 hrs ie if ur of the road for more than 24hrs then they HAVE to supply u with a coutesy car the only reson they wont give u one is cos ur under 21 so there insurance dont cover u so just ring up ur own insurance and ask for a cover note. renault have always been ok with me about that and renalt insurance cover me for the car for a week whilst mine was of the road with the same imobiliser/alarm problems as i guess u had. Renault insurance will give u a cover note for 3days no problem as longas ur car is in for warently work.

if u want cover for longer than that just keep on at renault insurance saying ther pcs are broken cos they tried to bill me £35 insurance on a 1.2 16v car for a week when they said a 1.4 16v would free.