ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low Volume ?!

Ultra Red 197
Hi,

I've just changed all the audio in my clio..

From 15x4 Standard CD to Aftermarket 50x4 Panasonic..
From 10w Standard Door Speakers to Alpine 200w max..
From none in back to Standard Door Speakers from front..
Also wired into the rear (same wire) are some 375w max 6x9's..

With the headunit, the 6x9's and the original door speakers it was louder, but then when i put in the Alpines i can only crank the volume to 30 before they go funny.. before i could crank to 38..

Any suggestions where ive gone wrong?

Thanks

Gareth

so you had a single set in before,now you have 2,you have the reduced the sound quality by adding more speakers,stick with the 2 and you will notice the improvement,suggest you bin the 6x9s

Clio & Mitsu ASX
How is everything wired?

Because one way or the other you have wired 4 speakers on a wire that is meant to power 2 speakers...

Ultra Red 197
The speakers are wired like that because i havent had time to move the 6x9's onto an amp..

So the plan is I should just run the four through the headunit? I'm slightly confused why the new Alpines are quieter than the old Renault ones..

Thanks

Gareth

you said you had a set of standard speakers in on their own now you have 2 sets,you will reduce the quality and volume by adding a 2nd set

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
The speakers are wired like that because i havent had time to move the 6x9's onto an amp..

So the plan is I should just run the four through the headunit? I'm slightly confused why the new Alpines are quieter than the old Renault ones..

Thanks

Gareth

Its like when you add a new lamp in series. It reduces the power of the original lamp. Correct.

So the higher quality speakers are the alpines which take more power to run, and you have reduced them by having a set before it.

So basically the HU is giving out to much power and reduces the volume.

lift number 1 @ btm
you have gone from a total output of 60w powering speakers rated at a total of 20w to a headunit rated at 200w powering 970w worth of speakers, it's going to be quieter!

Polo + Micra
sounds like to me that you are getting clipping as you or overloading the amp inside the head unit

Trophy #267
^^ as rctempire said

your running 2 sets of speakers in the back in series by the sound of it which the head unit wont be able to do.
depending on the impedence of the 2 sets (im guessing the old front ones will be the small and lower quality) id suggest removing them (may have to short if they are in series)